Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Supersize Me - DVD free with Guardian today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone seen it?

I'm so going to get the Guardian today to get a free copy of it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I saw it a few years ago, totally put me in the mood for a Big Mac.
  • Options
    You're not the only one. I had a Whopper after watching it (see, turned me off McDonalds still). We all went for a fast food tour round town after seeing it. In fact, I've decided now, I'm getting a McDonalds for my dinner today.
  • Options
    I watched it last night, it was excellent.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet there are loads of 'not-for-resale' Guardian promo copies on E-bay really cheap at the moment.

I would highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Morgan Spurlock is a twat of the highest (should that be lowest?) calibre.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Morgan Spurlock is a twat of the highest (should that be lowest?) calibre.
    Why?

I think it was a really good thing he did, drawing attention to the issue.
  • Options
    My mum got it out of the library and I think my little brother and sister must've watched it about 10 times in a week, as if it was a light entertainment dvd. I got so fed up of his voice!
  • Options
    His condescension just sends me into an apoplectic rage; though he's small fry ( ;) ) when compared with his girlfriend.

"Oh, Morgan's too sick to go to work today... blah blah etc".

Since his "work" was shovelling Big Macs and fries, my heart didn't exactly bleed. Get on with it, you pussy. :p

The film itself is mildly interesting at best, and didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I take your point about his raising awareness, but also wonder how many people weren't aware of what shit McDonalds was already... and just don't care.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Since his "work" was shovelling Big Macs and fries, my heart didn't exactly bleed. Get on with it, you pussy. :p

:lol:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    His condescension just sends me into an apoplectic rage; though he's small fry ( ;) ) when compared with his girlfriend.

"Oh, Morgan's too sick to go to work today... blah blah etc".

The film itself is mildly interesting at best, and didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I take your point about his raising awareness, but also wonder how many people weren't aware of what shit McDonalds was already... and just don't care.
    He did lots of research and interviewing during the days- surely you noticed all the clips of him interviewing loads of different people.

Whilst we "knew" about McDonalds being bad I don't think people did realise the real extent of how bad it is. Even the doctors monitering him didn't predict the extent of what he would go through.

Throughout the film he got such bad health and yet he kept going to the end of the 30 days. He showed real determination even when it was horrible. You saw him vomiting from having to eat such big portions of McDonalds grossness right? As well as his dick stopping working, his liver starting to fail, him gaining nearly 2 stone, his skin becoming gross, becoming lethargic and tired and depressed.

Since the making of this film McDonalds have stopped selling SuperSize portions, have starting changing their menu's and have shut some stores down. Since seeing this film people are cutting down on fast food so it has had some good effect!
  • Options
    Yeah, I definitely agree that it has had a positive effect. Not disputing that at all.

I still think he's a knob and would love that hour and a half of my life back. ;)
  • Options
    It's alright, only stupid people who deserve to die young eat fast food meals everyday anyway.
  • Options
    It's shite. Total let-down.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    He did lots of research and interviewing during the days- surely you noticed all the clips of him interviewing loads of different people.

Whilst we "knew" about McDonalds being bad I don't think people did realise the real extent of how bad it is. Even the doctors monitering him didn't predict the extent of what he would go through.

Throughout the film he got such bad health and yet he kept going to the end of the 30 days. He showed real determination even when it was horrible. You saw him vomiting from having to eat such big portions of McDonalds grossness right? As well as his dick stopping working, his liver starting to fail, him gaining nearly 2 stone, his skin becoming gross, becoming lethargic and tired and depressed.

Since the making of this film McDonalds have stopped selling SuperSize portions, have starting changing their menu's and have shut some stores down. Since seeing this film people are cutting down on fast food so it has had some good effect!

it is obvious thoguh that living off of mcdonalds food would do that

i could try living off kebabs and the same would happen

in fact living off only 1 source of food does noone any favours, thats why 'balanced diets' are the healthiest

i eat and drink all sorts of crap i also eat and drink well though at the same time and im quite healthy to be honest

too much of one thing is what should be avoided