Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Firefox browser hijacked .. ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Done all the regular spyware Virus Trojan scans, done malware scan's and checked for any changes via spywareblaster to my broswer prefs, nothing found.

Everytime i click the keyboard shortcut to open firefox it opens up with vh1.com ....

Can't find any hijackers on teh pc or anything so completely stumped on this one. Personally never heard of firefox having it's broser hijacked, and by a legit website too!?

Any ideas or suggestions?

[opening firefox with my other personal shortcut is fine. They allwork from the same .exe file so i cant understand this one bit]

Comments

• Options
    Stupid question, but have you check that it is not just the location of your homepage settings on Firefox that need to be changed?.. it might just have been that that have been affected...
  • Options
    Everytime i click the keyboard shortcut

...what?!
  • Options
    Stupid question, but have you check that it is not just the location of your homepage settings on Firefox that need to be changed?.. it might just have been that that have been affected...

Just realised I haven't read the keyboard shortcut bit so can't be what i said...
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Have you seen this?
  • Options
    Maybe the shortcut opens a firefox bookmark? I'd check exactly where the shortcut leads.

And get a grip. Hijacked by VH1 indeed. You'll be needing a foil hat to give your paranoid rambling more credibility :p

Unless.......the mullets of vh1 have broken free.......
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    Maybe the shortcut opens a firefox bookmark? I'd check exactly where the shortcut leads.

And get a grip. Hijacked by VH1 indeed. You'll be needing a foil hat to give your paranoid rambling more credibility :p

Unless.......the mullets of vh1 have broken free.......

are you high again?
  • Options
    Had a look through the setting's in firefox, all my tab selections are their, nothing about vh1.com in their.

Softworld .. I ment press not click. Evrytime i press the keyboard shortcut to quicklaunch Firefox.
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    are you high again?

I've never been high in all my life.

I'm like this sober :o
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Had a look through the setting's in firefox, all my tab selections are their, nothing about vh1.com in their.

Softworld .. I ment press not click. Evrytime i press the keyboard shortcut to quicklaunch Firefox.

have you tried remapping the keyboard shortcut to see if that fixes it?
  • Options
    Yeah Gav tried that too. Even went as far as to unisntall the drivers and reinstall them, twice as it eventually happened. Still nothing.
  • Options
    Uninstall and reinstall Firefox again?
  • Options
    last solution to try is unistall firefox yeah.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    EDN1 wrote:
    last solution to try is unistall firefox yeah.

It might help yes. When VH1.com pops up from the keyboard shortcut what browser is it opening with?
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    It might help yes. When VH1.com pops up from the keyboard shortcut what browser is it opening with?

as this thread is discussing, id say Firefox
  • Options
    Yeah i saw that link on the bbc website Littlemissy. Always keep all my software as uptodate as possible anyway.

Hmm. It seem's .. for now anyway .. that it is fixed. The keyboard shortcut now opens what it should and not any link wo vh1.com.

I'll see what happens.
  • Options
    So what was wrong? and how did you fix it?
  • Options
    So what was wrong? and how did you fix it?

I cannot honestly say to be honest. I didn't *do* anything that i had not done already.

I bet now i've said this it will come back.

Now i just need to get a fix for my other problem found in this thread.