Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

its been...

10 months since i split up with mu boyfriend, i was with him 2 yrs

should it really be taking me this long?? :banghead:

anyone have a simular experiance??
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It took about a year and a half to get over one boyfriend. Give it time.
  • Options
    It can take years.

I don't think I'm completely over anyone. There's always a certain something but it gets manageble and I can deal with it.

I think you just have to let it take it's course.
  • Options
    themouth wrote:
    10 months since i split up with mu boyfriend, i was with him 2 yrs

should it really be taking me this long?? :banghead:

anyone have a simular experiance??

It's been three years since i last saw the love of my life and there aint a day goes by when she doesn't come in to my head at some point. First love and all that. I've accepted it'll probably never quite go away, at least not for a long while anyway, but it's not like i brood over it or obsess about it anymore. Yeah it's there, but i've done fine with other girls since and i just get on with it....
  • Options
    past is past... time is your friend... and regrets are useless...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya,

You sound like you could do with a big *hug* right now - and I'm guessing your emotions are probably up and down where some days you feel fine and other days you still really miss your ex-boyfriend. Try not to be too hard on yourself about how you are feeling - there really isn't a set time when people do or should get over someone - everyone's experience is different.

If it is the case that your emotions are up and down then perhaps try and think about what kinds of things make you feel happier or more optimistic about life - for example exercise, meeting new people, concentrating on work/study, volunteering. If you keep yourself busy then there's less chance for you to dwell on your past relationship.

On the other hand - if you are feeling low all or the majority of the time then you may find it helps to seek counselling. You could also contact Supportline for confidential telephone support on 020 8554 9004 or email Jo@samaritans.org.

Sometimes we can feel that our friends are putting pressure on us to just 'get over it' and give up trying to support us - often they just don't know what to say - hence why seeking support outside our familiar circles can be a reassuring experience.

Finally have a look at thesite's article on mending a broken heart if you haven't already. Although it might seem like this article is targeted at people who have only just split up - some of the tips on how to cope can still be really valuable further down the line.

Take good care of yourself
  • Options
    i think whoever you break up with their is always soemthing their, ive only had 2 ex girlfriends i nthe past but they both always run in my mind if their around..you still get that geenrall funny feeling when their in the same room as you..and you always aknowledge them a bit more then every1 else in the room...uve basically gotta think that u've broken up wif them and their missing out..have a better time then them because afterall its your life not theirsa and lifes too short.
  • Options
    thanks guys, today aint been so bad! i have thought about going to conciling but right now im concentration on my trip to ibiza!! then if i aint got any better by oct im guna seek some help. id judt like to get to the point of remembering the good times we had!!
  • Options
    should it be taking this long to do what? get over him, stop thinking about him?

me and my ex split up 7 months ago and sometimes i think i'm over him but then i'll have a slight relapse!
  • Options
    i ment just for the hurting to stop!! its the relaps thats caught me out tbh, i thought thats it im sorted, then doh... i want him back again, its like my brain is a seperate thing that ui ahve to tell - hes not good for you!! lol