Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pda

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was in town yesterday waiting for my two mates, and this girl and her boyfriend walked past me and sat about a meter away from me. She purposely looked at me then started sucking her boyfriends face off. Whats the point of that? I don't usually mind PDA's.. as long as its not purposely directed at you. :yuck: Why? It happened to me again when I was getting the bus home. This young couple where up against the bus shelter making out, with the girl staring at me every time she came up for air. It was only me and them around, I thought, the decent thing to do is stop or buggar off to an ally and carry on there, but no, over the top snog session for me to see. What do these people get out of it?

What do you think of PDA? I generally think its OK unless people do the above!

Comments

• Options
    They were probably just being territorial and making sure you get it's their boyfriend... why... who knows... insecurity maybe... otherwise I love PDA and never understand why some people have a proble with it...
  • Options
    Sounds like a territorial thing. When I give my boyfriend a kiss, I'm trying to concentrate on the job in hand :cool:
  • Options
    Yeah it was probably a, 'hes my boyfriend dont you dare look to show you that hes mine im going to eat him alive'
    I dont mind PDA either, but i dont like people swallowing each other in front of me
  • Options
    I don't mind seeing other peoples PDA's as long as its cute and not how the OP described it. I have a problem with my boyfriends being too touchy with me though in public, the new guy I'm dating is always trying to kiss me and stuff in public and it makes me a little uncomfortable I have to admit. I'd rather he saved that for when we're alone, I dont mind a little peck and a cuddle though. x
  • Options
    it's nice to see a young and in love couple holding hands, or maybe having a quick kiss, but i hate when people do stuff like sit on the bus on the seat in front of you and have a REALLY involved game of tonsil hockey.

honestly, get a room.
  • Options
    Be grateful that's the worst you have to put up with. If you're male you'll get the "what the hell are you doing looking at my girlfriend?" dickheads coming up to you. To be fair, I'm usually thinking what the fucks a girl like that doing with a prize prick such as yourself.
  • Options
    It is definitely an insecurity thing. The girl feels like she needs to know that someone is watching her getting some so that in her head she can feel like she is making someone jealous (even though you were probably from from it!). She obviously isn't happy just knowing that she has someone who cares about her and who she cares about so has to make sure people can see it, which normally means she isn't actually all that happy.

Does any of that make sense? It did to me, but...not so sure it does now. I know what I mean at least!
  • Options
    It is definitely an insecurity thing. The girl feels like she needs to know that someone is watching her getting some so that in her head she can feel like she is making someone jealous (even though you were probably from from it!). She obviously isn't happy just knowing that she has someone who cares about her and who she cares about so has to make sure people can see it, which normally means she isn't actually all that happy.

Does any of that make sense? It did to me, but...not so sure it does now. I know what I mean at least!
    Yeah I know what you mean. A friend of mine was doing it because some woman was looking at her boyfriend (she was about 40, and this girl is 17 and very attractive). The next time we went out, she was getting all jealous because she thought her boyfriend was looking at some other girls (can't say I noticed myself). She seems like a really outgoing girl with a great friendly personality, but I think just under the surface, she has a few issues. She was telling me that her previous boyfriend used to put her down all the time, so I agree that it's probably an insecurity thing.
  • Options
    Lmao, I think it has nothing to do with a territorial thing! I generally might look up or something because I think its a bit creepy if someone is just like sitting and watching you!
  • Options
    GET A ROOM! I hate OTT public displays of affection.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    it's nice to see a young and in love couple holding hands, or maybe having a quick kiss, but i hate when people do stuff like sit on the bus on the seat in front of you and have a REALLY involved game of tonsil hockey.

honestly, get a room.
    On the tube when the seats are arranged like this =========. You have nowhere else to look! It's so awkward.
  • Options
    I think its cute when you see the 89 year old couple shuffling down the street holding hands.

HOlding hands is fine, a peck on the cheek (maybe a lip peck if nobody is around) anything else is nasty to see. And when people walk around with their hands down the back of eachothers pants is so fucking tasteless.
  • Options
    Hands down the back of each others trousers - nothing could be more cringeworthy! It just screams 'i'm a pikey and i'm looking for some spare change'

my favourite jealous twat routine was the 14/15 year old who shouted at me last weekend 'oi, prick, what the fuck do you think your doing looking at my girlfriend?!?'... i was waiting for a train in a world of my own, quite a frequent occurence - but to be honest, when I did look, my first thought was that she looked about 12, precisely what i'd be staring at her for is beyond comprehension... oh, and obviously he was a stereotypical acne-ridden gimp. Normally I hypothesize that it's just to impress the friends with lads - but not in this circumstance, I was genuinely baffled by the whole experience.
  • Options
    dr_carter wrote:
    Hands down the back of each others trousers - nothing could be more cringeworthy! It just screams 'i'm a pikey and i'm looking for some spare change'
    I hate the walking-with-hands-in-each-others-back-pocket thing as well.
  • Options
    I dont have a problem with it tbh. I think its nice that people want to show someone how much they love them. I mean id draw the line at full on frottage in public, but kissing and touching your partners bum is just affectionate.
  • Options
    I dont mind holding hands, hugs, and pecks on cheeks but i hate people snogging in public. It does my head in! I can't do it anywayz, i get really paranoid!!!