Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can I fix these pants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have these pair of jeans and I dont like them atm. Well they've always bugged me. The top part is very tall. Like the waist goes up to my belly button and if I wear them lower I look like I have one amazinly giant package. I tried just folding the top over but it always unfolds and it digs into my rolls and isn't all that comfortable. ANybody have any tips or am I just stuck with them the way they are. These are the jeans that will teach me to try things on before I buy them.

Comments

• Options
    PM Kaffrin, she knows a lot about things like this :)
  • Options
    i'd be tempted to rip off the waistband and wear them waist-band-less. I am a scruff however.
  • Options
    Have you done that before? How do you deal with the button and zipper, just leave that one part sticking up? I'm quite a scruff too, high five :p
  • Options
    When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about trying to mend some knickers with the elastic broken
  • Options
    Yeah, I can never bring myself to just throw away a pair of panties ;)

stupid different pants meanings, i always forget that one
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i'd be tempted to rip off the waistband and wear them waist-band-less. I am a scruff however.

:yes:

that's pretty much the only thing you can do. unless you rip them to pieces and make something totally different with them.

occasionally you can get away with wearing them lower and having them altered to take up the crotch, rather than lower the waistband, but generally they are cut to sit high, so they'll sit all wrong lower down.