Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where's Natalie H.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So everyone must be familiar with the Natalie Holloway disappearance and its a story thats still alive and kicking in the news even today,with the arrest of a "new" suspect (so it was told when he was first arrested,but its now being said that he was questioned in the early stages of the investigation a year ago).
Geoffrey van Cromvoirt,first identified only by his initials,now being detained by an Aruban judge for a further 8 days,is now considered a suspect,not just a witness or person of interest.
The original 3 suspects,Joran van der Sloot and Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were arrested and held last summer but a judge ordered them released due to insufficient evidence shortly afterwards.I believe the Kalpoe brothers spent a few weeks behind bars while Van der sloot was in jail for approx 3 months.
I wanted to start this thread to get a discussion going as i would like to hear all of your ideas and theories on this case.IMO its an extremely interesting plot since Natalies body has never been found and also because of all the circumstances surrounding the case , one for example is that Jorans father is/was a rookie Aruban judge in training and he was actually arrested for questioning at one point also.Due to all the different theories ive heard so far,i am just totally confused,although i do have a very strong suspicion of what has become of her,and a somewhat weaker theory of who is involved.I spend countless hours thinking about it while at work,before i go to sleep at night and even when im out for the long evening walks that i take 3-4 nights a week.
So if anyones interested,i would love to hear your thoughts,ideas and theories on the fate of Natalie Holloway.
Let prayers be with her so that she can come home one day safely.

Comments

• Options
    i know nothing about this, maybe its not news outside canada...
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i know nothing about this, maybe its not news outside canada...

Oh good... i'm not stupid then!
  • Options
    Im sorry then i shouldve posted a news link.
    Some facts about her disappearance
    It made world news headlines on all major network news programs like CNN,FOX,MSNBC etc (and im sure BBC also) for several weeks after her disappearance.Natalie Holloway is an American teen (18 years old) from Alabama who was celebrating her graduation,with around 140 other highschool graduates,on the tiny island of Aruba in the spring of 2005
  • Options
    hmm if we posted a thread about every missing teenager we'd have no room for anything else, its a fact of life. sad none the less, but theres hundreds of murders and dissapearances every day in the world :(
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd never heard of this either... but saying that, some of the children who go missing in England may not be heard of in Canda. I guess its a local thing - the news only travels as far as they might have gone.
  • Options
    Good points there are many disappearances,more than likely every day,i totally comprehend this fact ,however this particular one did pique my interest (and not just me either as like i mentioned its a major headline all over northamerica even today,1 year later) simply because there have been suggestions of police coverup as well as a prominent media figure has a theory that one of the young suspects drugged,abducted and sold this girl into the sex slave trade,to pay for a gambling debt.
  • Options
    But hey you know,for a $1 million (USD) reward for her safe return even if someone did buy her through the slave trade network,the person that bought her would likely make a tidy profit , not trying to callous at all,just pointing out the fact that she is obviously dearly missed by her family and friends and im sure her parents would,in a heartbeat,pay the sick puppy that has her the large reward.Even 5 million.Like you just cannot put a price tag on human life 'eh
  • Options
    Never heard about it.
  • Options
    hippygoon wrote:
    on the tiny island of Aruba
    Aruba.. where Rachel was supposed to go on honeymoon with Barry until she ditched him at the altar.

whos been watching Friends this morning :cool:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    She's uh... in tesco... Yeah, Tesco.... thats the one.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    Aruba.. where Rachel was supposed to go on honeymoon with Barry until she ditched him at the altar.

whos been watching Friends this morning :cool:
    I was thinking that! That's the only place I've ever heard of it before!
  • Options
    waldo.jpg
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oooh found him straight away lol!
  • Options
    I'm sure Where's Wally was harder than that...