Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am i the only person who laughs when someone falls over?

Comments

• Options
    Nope, I quite enjoy it too actually...
  • Options
    nope
  • Options
    Nah, i do that too, its kinda fair, i would expect people to laugh at me if i fell over, so i don't feel bad about it :p
  • Options
    I imagine a comedy trombone noise too. I find it hillarious, until i find out the person hurt themselves...then i feel guilty.

My lecturer fell over a few weeks ago, i was the only one who laughed.
  • Options
    Guilty *Raises hand*

My teacher set fire to his hand in class once. My and my friend had to leave the room and collapsed giggling on the floor in the corridor.

If it was me then I'd expect to get laughed at. It's human nature to laugh at other peoples misfortunes :p
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    I imagine a comedy trombone noise too. I find it hillarious, until i find out the person hurt themselves...then i feel guilty.

:yes: same here!
  • Options
    as long as it's not me who falls over then yes, yes i find it funny and often laugh if its a teenager or soemthing but if its an older person and they havnt hurt themselves then i keep my laughing to myself
  • Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't?

Yeah I laugh when someone falls over on 'you've been framed' or whatever but not just at someone in the street. I feel bad for people that fall over and try to help :blush:
  • Options
    The more comical the mishap the better
  • Options
    Other peoples pain suffering and humilation are the best forms of humor.
  • Options
    Nope, i pmsl when people fall, even if people trip. Drunken ones are always cool
  • Options
    At disney world a kid of about 6 was sitting on a rail and fell off. My mom pointed and laughed so hard i thought she was going to have a hernia.

I once saw somebody slow motion tumble out of a car at a stoplight and spill a pop all over them. Funniest thing ever.
  • Options
    I once saw a lady gettin on a train an she had a pram an the wheels got stuck in the gap between the platfoem an the train an she nearly tipped her toddler out, i laughed so hard at that :blush:
  • Options
    I remember seeing a kid of about 8 running up the aisle in Asda and trip. Landed clean on his face and proceeded to slide for about 10feet on his cheek. Must of hurt like hell but I had to turn the other way to hide my amusement. Christ I'm laughing as I think about it now.
  • Options
    You lot really are mean!
  • Options
    I think it's funny when drunk people fall all over the place...
    It would be funny to see kids fall, but then they start crying and it just becomes annoying.

The other day this woman was coming out of the jacuzzi and slipped on the stairs, fell and hit her head on the floor. There was blood all over the place, took the staff about an hour to clean it up. Wasn't funny.
  • Options
    I remember seeing a kid of about 8 running up the aisle in Asda and trip. Landed clean on his face and proceeded to slide for about 10feet on his cheek. Must of hurt like hell but I had to turn the other way to hide my amusement. Christ I'm laughing as I think about it now.

:lol: I laughed pictureing that one.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    almost always...my friend fell over and her skirt went over her head, flashing her thong to the world, and i just pointed and laughed and got told off by some other lass for being mean and not helping her up...hahaha - makes me giggle just thinking about it! :lol:
  • Options
    I went flying earlier. I tripped on a step on the way into the cloisters in College and I actually really hurt my elbow and ankle and struggled to get up but no one around offered to help. I think that's rude, I'd offer. I don't mind people laughing, though, I do usually do comedy "pratfalls".
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If they just trip or strip and fall, I don't find it funny enough so there's no reason to laugh. But if they fall in a funnier way I might.
    Example: Some years back I was with some classmates and were playing a game. At some point a guy had to jump over a key that was on the floor, but he was dizzy and instead of jumping forwards he jumped to his back and left, falling on a plastic table and breaking it. I sure laughed at that!
    Either I laugh or not though, the only way I wouldn't try to help is if they'd stood up before I got to them or someone else was already helping.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    Am i the only person who laughs when someone falls over?

I normally have a discreet snigger. But I am usually the one that falls over. :grump: