Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

America Trip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'd planned on going to america to meet a friend whom id never met before but i didnt go because i was told i wouldnt have enough time to get the next flight.
The flight left Belfast and flew to Newark New jersey where i would have been for 2 hours before my next flight took my to Manchester, New Hampshire.
Surely 2 hours is enough to get your bags and get to the next gate right?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    yup i went to see a mate whos at uni out there

i went manchester ->philidelphia->cleveland and had about an hour and half in between, if you are travelling on you generally just collect your bag and take it to this other place, you dont have to check in again or anything, but you have to collect it. only took about 20mins to do, had time for a beer and a fag before going to gate.

coming back i did Laguadia (NY) -> philidelphia -> manchester but that time i had about 6 hours in between, but i had a fun time on my own.

2hours should be perfectly doable.
  • Options
    They should transfer your bags for you. Therefore all you need to do is get off the plane and walk to the next gate. 2 hours is plenty! Have plenty of time to sit down and eat and stuff. Alot of pepole would get pissed off having to wait 2 hours cuz its so long.
  • Options
    at philli im pretty sure i had to collect and take my bag somewhere...and put it on another carousel thingy.
  • Options
    Oh thats too bad :(
    Its been a long time since I've had a flight with a layover!