Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dunno what to do...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so i like this guy...he seems really sweet,mature and i can get along with him...im still getting to know him as a friend really,but am quite attracted to him. problem?...well a couple..for once he's a whole 4 years younger, and when you're 22 it seems like quite a lot! i mean,he's a bloomin' teen for god's sake!..and also i've got erm..'different' ideas on sex. am stil a virgin, n it'll hav to be a veeeery special guy for me to lose it. ppl don't really understand that about me, but hey, my body, so my call right? he's had one girlfriend before, n they were shagging under trees when they were like 15!..so, i really dunno what to do...in hindsight me thinks i should jus stay friends....but i'm not too sure...any words of advice ppl?...

Comments

• Options
    To start with age doesn't matter, 4 years means he is 18, it's not like he is 15 anymore... age is irrevelant whe it comes to love as long as te law say it's ok... as for sex I think it's great that you are waiting for the right guy, there is no rush... and if he fancy you back and if you have something special even if he had sex in the past he should be able to understand you and wait if needed... as to know if there is a relationship possible, the only way to find out is to talk about... if he is the right one everything should go just fine...
  • Options
    Yeah, age is just a number. When i was 18, i dated a 22 year old. No one batted an eyelid. As long as the two of you are okay about it, who gives a crap...
  • Options
    [[HTML]QUOTE=LeicesterLuke]Yeah, age is just a number. When i was 18, i dated a 22 year old. No one batted an eyelid. As long as the two of you are okay about it, who gives a crap...[/QUOTE][/HTML]

really?..but wasn't it wierd at all?..in any case what im worried abt is that he won't understand me being a virgin n all that. im trying to get to know him first, but i think he might be thinknig that im stringing him along....cos these days he's been getting pretty annoyed...
    ...apprently his ex really screwed him up.they were supposed to come to uni together n then she dumped him n went out with his best mate. i have a feeling that he's scared im jus screwing with his feelings..but i still want to get to know him better first..
  • Options
    just because they shagged under trees doesn't mean you have to.

just chill out and see how it goes. if you like him then 4 years is nothing. give the poor bloke a chance!
  • Options
    just because they shagged under trees doesn't mean you have to.

just chill out and see how it goes. if you like him then 4 years is nothing. give the poor bloke a chance!

:yes:

If you were friends with him first anyway he probably knows this stuff about you already. x
  • Options
    i dated a young'un recently. he was 19 and 1st year of uni and me almost 22 in final year. it did seem like a big difference in age even though really it wasnt. when i told my friends i was really embarrassed but no-one cares really. just go for it!

and i used to shag under trees with my 28 year old boyfriend so i don't think age has anything to do with that really!
  • Options
    Ok sing with me now "age aint nuthin but a number....."

(RIP Aaliyah) - The fact that he is four years younger than u is sooo minor - when you get to know him and can judge his maturity level, then you can make a decision.

As for still being a virgin - congrats for holding onto that, its not easy. but why are u worrying what he'll think about that? Ur still a virgin for a reason that is important to you - so if he doesnt like it he can get to stepping. It all comes down to his maturity again.

Fingers crossed for you babe