Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

non-drug headache remedies...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've had a pain in the ass headache for about 3 weeks now, and although it's usually pretty mild (more nagging ache than pain), it's getting annoying.

i have been taking paracetamol for it. not max dose, or anything like, maybe just a couple of pills a day, but i know if you take it for too long you get rebound headaches, and the last thing i want to do is make it worse.

normally when my head hurts i use the glass of water and a nap method, which ordinarily works fine, but this one is just not shifting. those 4head aromatherapy things have fallen at the post too.

any ideas for other things that might relieve it without having to take any more pills?

Comments

• Options
    Acupuncture is supposed to be quite effective, as is reflexology. Try pinching the muscle between the bones of your thumb and first finger quite hard, that can help sometimes. Also rubbing your temples or a head/neck/shoulder massage can be really helpful.
  • Options
    Heat up your hans by robbing them together and then place them on your eyes, it should remove some pain a little... otherwise press the nerves of both your temples nerve and massage them hard... does the trick for me... also can do the same with the nerves at the base of you neck (back) if the pain is more locatted at the back of your head...

EDIT: basically pretty much what wooooooooah said, just noticed
  • Options
    one of them pack thingys than u can put in the freezer

i find them very soothing

ive also had a headache for a similar amount of time! ive given up trying to get rid of it
  • Options