Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Free hosting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm gonna give away some disk space and bandwidth to the first two people that reply here.

The freebie will only be 100mb disk space / 1GB bandwidth but will also offer load of other stuff like Fantastico scripts, unlimited mysql databases/email accounts/ftp accounts etc.

I won't be giving a domain name away so you will have to purchase that yourself or I can do it for you.

PM for more info and specs.

Comments

• Options
    FREE?? what's this all about?

are you starting up a new hosting company?
  • Options
    please let me know what this is all about :hyper:
  • Options
    I've been doing hosting for a while, and every now and then I like to give away an account or two, thats it.

Full range of features are here http://wkdhosting.net/plans.html
  • Options
    I've been doing hosting for a while, and every now and then I like to give away an account or two, thats it.

Full range of features are here http://wkdhosting.net/plans.html

Looks good, but if you want some views from a customer's point of view that website scares me a little.

If I'd come to that site just by chance (i.e. never knowning you from these board) I'd be a little scared to join by all those Unlimited signs.

I think inthe customer's mindset when they see so many things without limits it's hard to quantify, espacially between the different packages.

I think from a marketing point of view it's better onthe backend to have all those things set as unlimited but maybe just tell the consumer the WKD 250 comes with 50 addon domains and the WKD is 100 and the WKD 500 is 250

something like that, even though the chances of the average person wanting 50 addon domain is probably very unlikely

Dunno what others think but it's just sometimes people want to know what they're real limits are .. just like the ADSL suppliers that say unlimited downloads but you see elsewhere there's some kind of clause, I think it's better just to tell people their limited are huge and give a big number then put unlimited.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input mate, you have a PM btw.