Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

High Risk Sex Abroad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Would you ever have sex whilst abroad with a local (even when using protection) if you were in a high risk country such as Africa where maybe 1 out of every 8 people might have HIV?

or would the numbers just scare you?

I think just the thoughts of those number scares me to much!!

Comments

• Options
    Well to me, the numbers do speak for themselves so no, I wouldn't fancy risking it. :no:
  • Options
    Would you ever have sex whilst abroad with a local (even when using protection) if you were in a high risk country such as Africa where maybe 1 out of every 8 people might have HIV?

or would the numbers just scare you?

I think just the thoughts of those number scares me to much!!

you seem to ask an awful lot of questions in the sex area, for no definitive reason, and post nowhere else
  • Options
    Well to me, the numbers do speak for themselves so no, I wouldn't fancy risking it. :no:

Its not really a situation I would put myself in. In reality having sex without a condom in the uk is more risky in terms of catching nasties than have sex abroad with a condom and plenty of people seem to think thats perfectly fine. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    you seem to ask an awful lot of questions in the sex area, for no definitive reason, and post nowhere else

Good point. :chin:
  • Options
    The kids only wondering. Why is asking random questions bad and worth questioning?

And to answer, when you think about it, the numbers do scare you. Even the sexy S. Af. kayakers had to take a backseat to that thought.

But it mostly depends on the area and what they are known for. Thinking about it, there really isn't much of a difference between going to say france and fucking randomly than doing it in your own town.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    The kids only wondering. Why is asking random questions bad and worth questioning?

Another good point :chin:

I'm too fickle and change my mind quickly. lol :yes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

And to answer, when you think about it, the numbers do scare you. Even the sexy S. Af. kayakers had to take a backseat to that thought.

im just a bit peturbed that all the threads created are in here, and sometimes seem to me to have a hell of a pervy edge
  • Options
    I've not seen any pervy ones done. Its not like (s)he is asking how long is everybodies schlang and how many visible veins and please give a detailed explination of how you apply anal lube. Its not even close to spit or swallow.

With the exception of the one that somebody brought up from months ago, this is the only other one (s)he has. :\
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    im just a bit peturbed that all the threads created are in here, and sometimes seem to me to have a hell of a pervy edge

I'm sure I just posted this but here goes again..

Your avatar changes more than my mind! :hyper:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I've not seen any pervy ones done. Its not like (s)he is asking how long is everybodies schlang and how many visible veins and please give a detailed explination of how you apply anal lube.

Schlang tee hee :flirt:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I've not seen any pervy ones done. :\
    i have http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/search.php?searchid=718318
  • Options
    No if it was somewhere like Africa or somewhere where HIV is rife, I doubt highly that i would have casual sex with a local
  • Options
    well ive just been told off, so i might as well let this drop, being the obvious attention seeker that i am, it pains me so much :yeees:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    well ive just been told off, so i might as well let this drop, being the obvious attention seeker that i am, it pains me so much :yeees:

Well I'm glad you're dropping it cos this was a fairly reasonable question in the first place on a serious topic, one which you didn't even try to answer.

As for me yes .. knowing the statistics of some countries would be an extra scare for me, even if you did use protection you'd be thinking what if the condom broke, etc ... a worry in any situation but just something of an extra worry in a place where HIV is known to be rife.
  • Options
    its a hypothetical question, that not only would i likely not want to have sex with a local in a country with a high HIV infection rate, id also not want to be in the position to have to decide either way, both of them very different questions and answers

and the origional query was based in general, and not just at this thread
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    No if it was somewhere like Africa or somewhere where HIV is rife, I doubt highly that i would have casual sex with a local

ditto...

And never have/had casual sex anyway...
  • Options
    Yes I would (and yes I have already if Brazil counts in your list of risky countries).

Like the others have said there isn't any safety guarantees with anyone so then being British wouldn't make me consider them to be better in that respect.

I wouldn't have causal sex with any one of any nationality though.
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Actually the OP doesn't mention "causal" sex. What if it wasn't causal?