Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dyeing Black Thongs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to dye a pair of black thongs completely white, ive tryed in the past but they just come out lookin grey, anyone know how to get them perfectly white :confused:

Comments

• Options
    are they 100% coton tho?
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and less hassle to just buy a white thong!?
  • Options
    are they 100% coton tho?

100%cotton apart from the elastic
  • Options
    Then it should be alright... What you can do is leave them in bleech first, should make them much lighter already... Also passing from black to white is not often an easy task...
  • Options
    Just buy a white one ffs!
  • Options
    100% bleach or with a mixture of water
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and less hassle to just buy a white thong!?

How dare you suggest such a simple non retarded idea! :p
  • Options
    just buy white ones, why bother dying?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    How dare you suggest such a simple non retarded idea! :p

You know whats worrying? It's the kind of thing I'd do.

I'd probably spend about £10 on the dye too, walking past the pack of 5 white thongs for £5 on my way.
  • Options
    bleach damages fabric. to get something black perfectly white, the amount you'd have to bleach it would make them disintegrate wash after wash and you'd probably only get a couple of months wear out of them.

why not just buy white? it makes no sense.
  • Options
    I would go with pure bleach tbh... Also as pointed out kaffrin if they need to be left in there a lot it could damage the fabric, but it might be good to just put them in there to just make them grey and they do as you usually do... You can always try one and see how it goes... if they would end up grey the way you did it before anyway it is worth the shot...
  • Options
    when ive dripped pure bleach on thin fabric, it tends to make holes in it. It would also perish the rubber.
    Basically it cant be done.
  • Options
    badgirl69 wrote:
    I want to dye a pair of black thongs completely white, ive tryed in the past but they just come out lookin grey, anyone know how to get them perfectly white :confused:

I doubt it would work, white to black should be easy but the dyes cost a lot and you need loads of salt too if it's the same as when we dyed jeans in the washing machine.
  • Options
    It's really not worth it. If the underwear's that expensive that it's cheaper to buy craploads of dye then it's probably also too delicate to risk it.
  • Options
    You can get a pack of 4 white thongs in both Tesco and Asda for for about £2.50 I don't quite get why you would want to dye some!
  • Options
    I doubt it would work, white to black should be easy but the dyes cost a lot and you need loads of salt too if it's the same as when we dyed jeans in the washing machine.
    Not anymore they dont, you can get washing machine dyes for about 4 quid and you dont need all that salt business.

But aye, just buy white ones.
  • Options
    Not anymore they dont, you can get washing machine dyes for about 4 quid and you dont need all that salt business.

yep. I bought some the other day and dyed a load of stuff black. came out fine, but dying light stuff black is a lot different to bleaching dark stuff.