Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Smoking at home can be a criminal offense!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In Montgomery County, State of Maryland, United States, a law has been passed whereby if the smoke from your home annoys the neighbors you can be fined 1000 dollars American.
How come Tony Blair and the Labour crowd haven't come up with this one yet?

Oh brave new world that has such people in it!

Comments

• Options
    because.

If there's anything more important than my ego around here, i want it caught and shot now
  • Options
    Because that might turn people against smoking which means a decrease in tobacco tax revenue for the government.

Money means more than anything to Blair.
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^ agreed. Tobacco tax pays for the NHS.

Also,look at all the jobs, not just those in the tobacco industry but also related industries...
  • Options
    All Governments want people to smoke, its good for the economy. The tobacco brings money in, as do the drugs later in life to treat the cancers, etc. But noone can admit that...its immoral. But if they could promote it, people like Bl*ir would have 7-year-olds smoking 60 a day.

Personally, I hate smoking, but as long as it doesnt interfere with me Im not fussed.

"Men rarely, if ever, manage to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the
    morals of spoilt children." Robert A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit:

people like Bl*ir would have 7-year-olds smoking 60 a day.

I bet he would as well, he is well screwed.

No doubt about it though, smoking is very good for our economy, which is a bit twisted when you think about that one.