Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

self tan + body lotion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well as far as I can see the new way to self tanning is products that are body lotions with self tan. Anyway I was wondering since there are more brands of this type on the market can anyone recomend a good one?

I have used the johnston one and its ok just wouldn't mind seeing what other brand where like.

Olay have one that also contains SPF 15 which is good, has anyone tried this?

Also Nivea have one.

God decisions :banghead:

Recomendations please!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I used the Johnsons one, it's alright.

My mate used the Dove one and she looked like she'd been on a two week holiday in the Carribean after about 3/4 uses.
  • Options
    I have the Dove one, I like it better than the johnsons one.
  • Options
    Again, the Dove one. It smells better than the Johnsons one too.
  • Options
    Ha... for advice on this come into my beauty course.... not one of us is our natural colour and after several attempts we've been split - 7 vote Dove, 7 vote Johnsons (and 1 votes Wilkos Own Brand.... but in all honesty she looks orange)

I'm on Team Dove,v but I think its personal preference
  • Options
    ive only tried the johnsons one and i thought it was good.. although i am very pale so i guess pretty much anything would show a difference on me. the only problem i had was that i didnt actually realise it was gonna give me a proper tan, i was thinking it was more along the lines of a natural glow kinda thing so i wasnt really very careful when i applied it, i just randomly slapped it on. and ended up with patches. so for anyone that is going to try it, exfolliate and all that and do it properly!
  • Options
    ive used both. The dove one smells better and gives slightly more of a tan than the johnsons one.
    I prefer it.
  • Options
    my friend used the dove one and it left orange marks on her

the wilkinsons own brand one works fine and doesnt go orange

got no experience of the johnsons one only the excessive price tag
  • Options
    I have tried both the Dove and Johnsons. The Johnsons one gave me the little bit of colour that I wanted and I prefer it.
  • Options
    I've got the Johnsons one but I'm planning on getting the Dove one for this summer.
  • Options
    I purchased garnier summer body yesterday, obviously no outcome yet, but i shall see, and the post in here again to let ya all know my verdict. Has anyone else used this one and got any feelings on it?
  • Options
    anyone know if there is a product like this (lotion + tan, not just the fake tan) for your face?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah johnsons has one specifically for your face, but its rather expensive...about £5 in asda.
  • Options
    i just use the body one for my face too. Its not asif its dark or anything.
  • Options
    The Johnson's one is pretty goood. I tested it on my arms. Its ver ver nice.
  • Options
    ive got the piz buin one :) only applied it once so far but its good! not streaky and i can notice a difference. mum has dove one and she said it went all patchy.. but i guess ill just have to see for myself!
  • Options
    the Johnsons one is fantastic if you ask me, perfect for this time of year when too much colour will just look fake and you're still exfoliating winter crustiness.
  • Options
    i recommend garnier summer body. it does work :)
  • Options
    I just bought the Nivea one comes with one for the face too. Not tried it yet. When apply it to your face how do you do it so you don't mess up?
  • Options
    double post sorry
  • Options
    Only used the johnsons one myself, an found it to be really good, but im still interested in tryin the dove one.