Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No talent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone elses mums ever told them this when they`ve tried to learn a new skill? :mad: I just phoned my mum up to ask if she knew if any of the local colleges ran courses for music so maybe I could meet some other guitar players and learn more about music and Im told Im not talented enough to learn to play guitar,so we had a row with me wanting to know why I havent got the talent and her answer was "because" and then she hung up......Ever since I wanted to buy my guitar shes told me I havent got any talent for it,no musical ear and that I cant sing. :mad: I bet kerry king or slash cant sing can they?
Im just fucking pissed off now,all shes ever done since I wanted a guitar is tell me I couldnt do it and then she wonders why if I gave up........just because she used to play the recorder and keyboard a bit she thinks shes a damn music whizz........ :mad:
I am right to be pissed off though arent I? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    absolutely,you need to try and take no notice of her.shes probably jealous because she never made it.there is allways a deep seated reason for a parent to act this way imo.

my dad used to do it to me whenever i had ambitions,something i will never forgive him for.
  • Options
    Ignore her and do it if you like if you're determinded and work hard enough you'll succeed.
  • Options
    I can't sing for shit. But I can play the fuck out the guitar.
  • Options
    when your on the jules holland show ...you'll be able to say ...fuck you bitch ...

or ...you could bring it up ...face to face.
    get her to deal with it ...and with you.
    second option reccomended.
  • Options
    Ha you love your guitar don't ya?
  • Options
    Her reaction is pretty lame. Even if you don't make it big it's still a worthwhile hobby. I wish I could play geetar or any instrument for that matter.
  • Options
    you love your guitar don't ya?
    I sure do :D at least it wont turn around and fuck me over and tell me how shit Im playing it........ :banghead: