Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sleeping Pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello people. I have occasional trouble sleeping (only maybe once a month) and I get get hardly any sleep atall (maybe 1 or 2 hours in the night). Normally I sleep fine.

Has anyone any experience of taking sleeping tablets occasionally? Do they help? Are they addictive? Any advice appreciated

:)

Comments

• Options
    I take sleeping pills nearly every night and have done for ages.Never felt addicted though and occasionally go without them.
    They are good (when they work :yeees: ) but I always find that I have a struggle to wake up easily in the morning.
    Apart from that they`re great! :thumb:
  • Options
    Depends which you have and yes they can be addictive
  • Options
    I found that when I was taking sleeping pills my whole day seemed to revolve around when I would be taking them. Not that they got me 'high' or anything, but addictive in the habit forming sense
  • Options
    All sleeping pills can be very habit forming, its best not to take anything every night unless you fancy taking it every night for the rest of your life (after considering the health problems with this).

Some sleeping pills (benzo's) are physically addictive and should never be taken for more than a month (unless your GP expressly says so, though even then make sure). They have a very strong addiction and they are one of the very few drugs you can die from if withdrawn too quickly.