Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lazy, unreliable people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the point? :p I need to go to the bank, but now you cant take any money out (apart from the whole in the wall) unless you have your passport. In fact you cant really do anything...

So. I need to withdraw £500 today, and ask my mum where my passport is. She murmurs and waves her arm in a random direction. I look over there.. no luck. Ask her more specifically. She doesnt say anything. Ask her again 20 minutes later, she says 'in a box'. I look for a box... no luck.

Its 10.30 and she thinks its still 5am in the morning or something and I'm hugely unsociable for asking her for something. She said she didnt get to sleep till late - she was up late watching TV, thats why!

Sorry about the mini rant. Just she maons at me for not doing anything and she doesn't get out of bed until 2pm.

Comments

• Options
    This should teach you a lesson, look after your own possessions!

i have a vague idea where all my important documents are. apart from my driving licence which i lost within 2 weeks of passing, that was nearly 5 years ago, never got round to replacing it.
  • Options
    I know - but you wouldn't believe it in my house. I got all my important motorcycle documents and put them in one folder, in my room. Its disappeared! Its because my mum tidies my room up sometimse - and my sister does too! I hate my sister doing it, because she probably nicks loads of stuff, and then she expects me to do loads of stuff for her in return. Shes a lazy waster who doesnt have a job, doesnt go school, doesnt do anything really - and when im at school / work she'll go in and 'tidy' up. (all she normally does anyway is put everything ive left on the side, homework, documents, etc, away - and then i cant find it again). Its not like its a complete tip.

But my mum always takes my passport anyway. :( le sigh.
  • Options
    im not going to have the money in time it looks like. sigh. so annoying. oh well. :(
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you need to get all your important stuff into your own room and fix a lock on the door

and tidy your own room :p
  • Options
    My room isnt normally that messy though, its compulsive cleaning of other people. Mind you, now its a bit of a state, my mum got me a second hand bed thats completely broken, and its collapsed on me and everything fell on the floor lol.
  • Options
    sounds pretty frustrating... just buy a safe or padlock a box or something and hide it so noone will be able to move it :p
  • Options
    Its ok if I leave stuff hidden in my drawers - noramlly - mum actually messed all my drawers roud on the last clean up. And rearranged my bedroom completely. But, yea - its just frustrating not being able to leave stuff like work on my desk.
  • Options
    Find your stuff then put it in a safe place. Then tell your mum and sister to piss off and stop going in your room. :razz:
  • Options
    well im hoping my dad rings in the next few minutes telling me he found my wallet in his car, otherwise im screwed
  • Options
    This is why you should get a lock on your bedroom door and not let anyone else in without your permisson...
  • Options
    why, pray tell, do you need your passport to withdraw money? :confused:
    i thort you just needed your cash card? bit strange tbh...
  • Options
    If you're withdrawing more than a certain limit you have to have ID now. Well you do at my bank....
  • Options
    paperdoll wrote:
    why, pray tell, do you need your passport to withdraw money? :confused:
    i thort you just needed your cash card? bit strange tbh...

Because you can only draw a certain amount (£200) per day from your bank account using the cash machines. But I think you can draw much more money by going into the bank, in which case you obviously need ID of some sort.
  • Options
    I was stupid. Used my driving licence in the end :banghead: lol. Sometimes the answer is staring you in the face.... and yea I needed ID cos Barclays have a £300 per day limit from ATMs.
  • Options
    I think you should invest in a lock for your door, seriously. I don't even go in my 15 year old son's bedroom messing with his stuff fer chrissakes; you're 18 and it's ridiculous. If not, I'd get a safe, you can pick one up for 20 quid.
  • Options
    I may do :chin:

Want a new phone first :razz: