Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

recovering from a weekend of excess.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel absolutly shite today after going out on the lash thursday - sunday, i think i may have damaged something, i have pains in my sides and feel like im gonna be sick all the time.

is there anything i can do at work to aid my recovery? im drinking plenty of water and eating fruit.

i hope im not dying

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sleep?

Or start all over again? :D
  • Options
    i cant sleep at work! hah i wish i could

i guess im just gonna have to battle through. i felt fine yesterday and didnt drink yesterday but today i think its all caught up on me and im breathing my last
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i cant sleep at work! hah i wish i could

i guess im just gonna have to battle through. i felt fine yesterday and didnt drink yesterday but today i think its all caught up on me and im breathing my last

If you can't sleep at work... ( :crazyeyes ), then try some energy drinks... I work for lawyers... get damn tired but have to focus... so I have my cabinet stocked up with Redbulls... :thumb:
  • Options
    I'd rather drink my own piss than redbull unless it had some kind of spirit in, energy drinks is a good idea tho, i could go and get a lucozade or something...thanks for the advice
  • Options
    I always find that lots of orange juice, cake, and pain killers works when recovering
  • Options
    Lashings of Irn Bru have set me reet. :thumb:
  • Options
    lucozade has far less effect than redbull imo, maybe try another one similar to redbull that tastes different.
  • Options
    Pint of water.
    Squeeze half a lemon into it.

Drink. Repeat until feeling better.
  • Options
    i like those 'innocent' etc drinks where they tell you all the different things or vitamins they have in them and they make me feel a little healthier.

im also feeling like shite.. more so than yesterday for some reason :S
  • Options
    probably alcohol withdrawl is why youre feeling worse a couple of days later! i would avoid drinking redbull because theyve got loads of caffeine etc which dehydrates you even more!
    i always find oj helps, and some light exercise in the fresh air!