Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

woman' thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does woman ever like a man who dont have money and any achievement as her intimate in her life

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, but I'm not a fan of wasters. If you don't have any money and you have nothing to your name in terms of worthwhile stuff that you've done, I'll want to know why, and if you show no sign of doing anything worthwhile, then I won't be interested, because that kind of person tends to be boring and lazy.
  • Options
    yes. I like people for who they are, not what they have got.
  • Options

Me too
  • Options
    luridkid wrote:
    does woman ever like a man who dont have money and any achievement as her intimate in her life

Yer some do, some don't, also even those who say they don't will stress about money and come and moan at you for it... but not cos they want luxury, cos they want stability or something and well cos being someone partner mean also being the person they can come and moan at when they are stress... a relationship is not only about good moment, is also be there to help the other relieve some stress...
  • Options
    luridkid wrote:
    I think most women prefer achievement over money, but because they usually go hand in hand, people mistake one for the other. I think girls like Frank Lampard because is a successful footballer, rather than because he's rich. But because they go hand in hand so often, a lot of girls will find someone attractive if they have a nice car or expensive clothes because they will assume they are able to afford that stuff through being successful, if you get what I mean.
  • Options
    luridkid wrote:

Thankfully yes or else I'd never get laid
  • Options

Same here. However, I wouldn't really want to go out with someone who very poor, but OTOH, I wouldn't go out with someone just because they have laods of money.
  • Options
    i don't care how much money they've got or what they do for a living or anything like that, but it can be off-putting if they just have no motivation or passion for anything, cause no one likes a layabout.
  • Options
    Wealth and money isn't everything. I don't think I could ever date somebody who completey lacked direction and ambition though.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Thankfully yes or else I'd never get laid

*snort* :lol:

I think the money is less important than the achievement part of what you're asking, though I agree with I'm With Stupid in that they often go hand in hand.

I'd never automatically discount a relationship because the fella wasn't typically "successful" or hadn't achieved a lot by so-and-so's standards. That kind of thing isn't really important to me, but it is to a lot of people and I can understand why. Someone who had no discernable drive or ambition to achieve their goals (whatever they might be, not necessarily flashy cars, big house etc) in the future probably wouldn't be all that appealing to a lot of women. I assume it'd be the same way if the roles were reversed, too.
  • Options
    Ambition, drive, motivation and passion for something are far more important than success and money, in my opinion
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Ambition, drive, motivation and passion for something are far more important than success and money, in my opinion

I couldn't agree more!! :yes:
  • Options
    My man had no money, not many achievements since he left college after gettin a relatively low mark in a bTec he did at college. He just spent all his money and time after college (4 years) travelling the world - which has made him the amazing person he is. And i love him. But now he has moved to wales to do a course and get some achievements under his belt so he can then have some money - which is y i am heartbroken.
  • Options
    i would'nt go for a women that only seems interested in my bank ballance,i got with my girlfriend when i was on my arse.we are ok now though,she stood by me all the way.
    unconditional love is whats needed in any relationship imo.

too much emphasis can be placed in financial gain,and not enough into the person.
  • Options
    It's all very well saying ambitions and personal drive are more important than "success" (it's the way I feel myself, after all). I understand that point completely, and agree...

But, then isn't the implication that we'd be expecting something to come out of their ambition and passion in the end, as what would be the point otherwise. A person could have all the motivation in the world and never actually achieve any of the goals they set themselves, I don't reckon many people would be attracted to that, as harsh as it sounds. But I could be wrong..

There's also a world of difference between going out with a chap because he's rich... and liking your partners to be financially viable and have a bit of cash knocking about. Especially if you've had past experience of a relationship with a parasite. ;)
  • Options
    If you're a waster and a layabout then no, people won't find you attractive. That's obvious.

But money isn't the only sign of achievement; in fact its rarely a sign of achievement in young people, its usually a sign of daddy's achievement and muggish tendencies.

You can be attractive without money, but if you can't sit there and say "I did that" and "I want to do that" then you're really a dullard. If you can't do things for the person then you're boring and selfish. Who would fancy a dull person?
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i don't care how much money they've got or what they do for a living or anything like that, but it can be off-putting if they just have no motivation or passion for anything, cause no one likes a layabout.

exactly :thumb:
  • Options
    As long as they have access to a shower, toothbrush and a dentist, thats all that matters. I'd say money matters to the minority. There are alot more women out there who just don't care about your checking account, stock portfolio, job title, offshore accounts etc.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you're a waster and a layabout then no, people won't find you attractive. That's obvious.

Although a certain type of woman will find the potential for attempting to improve this kind of man irresistible.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go out with a dolie, or with somebody who had no ambition.
  • Options
    I'm not too bothered about money but I do like a man with drive and determination.
  • Options
    thanks for your all precious opinions