Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

24hr Opening for pubs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How is that going? Are many places staying open longer and how late are they open until? Has there been more trouble or less since the changes took place?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Haven’t seen any real trouble to date.
  • Options
    to be honest, most places with a later license are emptying by 3.

All that the law has done for me is allow me to get beer after a night out to drink at home from the 24 hour spar down the road.
  • Options
    Nowhere seems to really be having much of an extended licence. Most places I go to open another hour on a Friday and Saturday night, that's all.
  • Options
    very boring around my way, nowhere is really open later. Its good Tesco can serve booze all night though, except for Saturday night grr
  • Options
    My local is now open until midnight weekdays and 1 or 2am at weekends. I like it. :cool:
  • Options
    Nowhere here is open very late at all :(

Latest is about 2am on a saturday, and that place is always packed.
  • Options
    In terms of pubs it just seems to be an hour or two tacked on at the end, which is alright but not exactly making any groundbreaking changes to your average Joe's night out.

A few clubs are staying open signifigantly later though, and that's no bad thing. :thumb:
  • Options
    tbh havent noticed really...pubs stay open later but not all night. and because of where i live their isnt no trouble
  • Options
    theres a bar in huddersfield that i pretty much live in, i go in after work on a friday and saturday night and its open until about 6, theres one across the road thats open until 7 but iv never been in there. theres very little trouble and im really liking the 6am thing as it allows people that work late to have some fun aswell
  • Options
    shane999 wrote:
    How is that going? Are many places staying open longer and how late are they open until? Has there been more trouble or less since the changes took place?

The only places I know open 24 hours are those chain of snooker clubs