Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What happened to Ned?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I remember eons ago, probably a year or so everybody talked of "neds" much like they do of these so called "chavs" But I never hear of them anymore. Are they extinct? Did they evolve?

Comments

• Options
    Brinamite's still here somewhere *grin*
  • Options
    A Ned is just the Scottish word for a townie or chav
  • Options
    There was an outbreak of avian flu in their natural habitat and they all copped it. It was very sad :crying:

There maybe one or two left in captivity but unless you want to trawl through skag-ridden weegie council estates to find 'em you're unlikely to ever see one again

:p
  • Options
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    There was an outbreak of avian flu in their natural habitat and they all copped it. It was very sad :crying:

There maybe one or two left in captivity but unless you want to trawl through skag-ridden weegie council estates to find 'em you're unlikely to ever see one again

:p

One migrated here. I always used to laugh cuz this placed talked about neds and I knew a "ned" named Ned. HE may be still around if you look closly.
  • Options
    It was decided that there were too many pop culture references using the word 'ned', so they were merged with Flanders to form a god bothering, moustache growing, buck fast drinking, track suit wearing über zeigiestian character.

Hi diddly ho, ya fucking bam!
  • Options
    they usually dont pose much of a public nuisance in the winter due to the bad weather, and they're not spotted as often. now the summer is on its way in im sure you can expect an increase in ned activity. at least, thats how it works in leicester...
  • Options
    So whats the difference between a ned and a chav besides location, if any?
  • Options
    None as far as I know. Its just regional names for 'it'. I dont think there is such a thing anyway, its just kids predominantly who wear a certain clothing, and a portion of kids who wear similar clothing give them all a label. The fact that many of these kids come from underpriveledged backgrounds and have less what the middle class would like to call 'courtesy' just further entrenches class barriers.

Either way, I dont have much of an opinion, i'm of the opinion that society - in general - sucks a lot. But, my life seems to be going down the pan, so maybe im just in a cynical mood. I think things like hugs are truly undervalued. When was the last time someone offered to hug a chav. If people did that, in one day I think a lot of preconceptions would disappear.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Jon_UK wrote:

Nothing like a bit snobbery.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Nothing like a bit snobbery.

Was a joke. Take the crusade else where mate.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Was a joke.

And it was funny as fuck. :yeees:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    And it was funny as fuck. :yeees:

And your defence of the underprivileged masses is very sweet but save it for those who actually have a chip on their shoulders.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    And your defence of the underprivileged masses is very sweet but save it for those who actually have a chip on their shoulders.

Bag of chips it seems. Super Family sized bag. :p Twin pack maybe even.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Bag of chips it seems. Super Family sized bag. :p Twin pack maybe even.

What you on about?
    Weekender Offender