Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Volterol & Co-codamol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know if it's safe to take both at the same time?

Comments

• Options
    Yes im pretty certain its ok.

Volterol is a brand of Diclofenac which is an NSAID, a different type of painkiller to Co-codamol (paracetemol/codiene) so they should be ok together.

Voltarol is prescription only so if it isnt doing its job and you feel you need co-codamol aswell- maybe you should see your doctor again?
  • Options
    Ive taken them both together before for endo pain

and i still live

although it didnt get rid of the pain :impissed:
  • Options
    I've taken that combination before for back pain.
  • Options
    ive taken that combination before when i had tonsilitis (the volterol was gargled though)
  • Options
    that combination should be absolutely fine, volterol is in the same class of drugs as ibuprofen, it has anti inflammatory properties which is one reason we have a few people stating that they've had it for back pain.

Obviously if you are on it for a long period of time always consult your doctor but to my knowledge they have no dodgy interactons.
  • Options
    I was prescribed that for ages before my knee operation. Your perfectly safe to take them together. Co-Codamol can have some side affects on people like sickness though but im sure you will be fine. :thumb:
  • Options
    Cheers people; I thought it was OK but suddenly had second thoughts. Means I've not over-dosed by accident before then too. :D
  • Options
    Did you get those lovely pink fizzy pills, I liked them, about the best pain killer I've ever used.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Did you get those lovely pink fizzy pills, I liked them, about the best pain killer I've ever used.

Pink fizzy pills?
    Got little organgy coloured ones and tothers are all white. :confused:
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    Pink fizzy pills?
    Got little organgy coloured ones and tothers are all white. :confused:

The voltarol I got came in triangle pills you put in water and they fizzed and made a nice tasting pink drink.
  • Options
    Volterol & Co Cod

I've taken both for my lower back ache and it works fantastically, it was great to get some sleep at last! I've now just found Volterol cream which works wonders too and for those that don't like taking tablets is an absolute must!
  • Options
    I took those for a while, but the volterol made me soooooo ill :yuck:
  • Options
    I :heart: co-codamol. It's the best painkiller in the whole wide world. (not literally. But i do still love it)
  • Options
    I :heart: co-codamol. It's the best painkiller in the whole wide world. (not literally. But i do still love it)

That and ketamine ... ;)
  • Options
    This thread is actually a year and a month old... :lol:

Insidentally a couple of months ago I found a peice of paper my doctor wrote on for me, explaining which painkillers I should and shouldn't have... He said not to take both at once (I think just cos I only have one kidney and it's more work for it though).

Don't see why anyone would like co-cadomol... I think it's vile.:(