Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

such a thing as marriage too young ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my girl want to get married right when i turn 18 but i still don't know if that is TOO early or not, i love her, i want to spend the rest of my life with her, but financially is it smart? How many of you have done it ? And give me your opinions plez. :)

Comments

• Options
    Can I just ask, how long have you two been together for?
  • Options
    Such a thing as married to young? Yes, i believe so, but then, what the f**k would i know?! I think it depends on a few things, ie how long you've been together, how mature you both are, what you expect from each other and what you see marriage as etc etc. Need to know a little bit more about your situation.....
  • Options
    There is no such thing as getting married too soon, just be sure of her and your feelings and see if you ting if it is the real thing... As for financially, why wouldn't it be a smart thing, it aint cos your married that you are going to spend more money. If you and her feels ready, go ahead... Always do whatever feels right fo r the both of you... life is too short...
  • Options
    if you're having doubts then don't until you're sure, personally i don't see the rush
  • Options
    I agree with what's been said, but I also think that there's no harm in waiting a while either. If you wait a while and end up splitting up or whatever, then it obviously wasn't meant to be and it wouldn't have been the best idea to get married in the first place. If you marry later and it is successful, then what have you missed out on other than the chance for your girlfriend to call herself Mrs. lvguy101 for a while? There's no such thing as getting married too young but there is such a thing as getting married too soon, so just be absolutely sure about it first.
  • Options
    I agree with what's been said, but I also think that there's no harm in waiting a while either. If you wait a while and end up splitting up or whatever, then it obviously wasn't meant to be and it wouldn't have been the best idea to get married in the first place. If you marry later and it is successful, then what have you missed out on other than the chance for your girlfriend to call herself Mrs. lvguy101 for a while? There's no such thing as getting married too young but there is such a thing as getting married too soon, so just be absolutely sure about it first.

Yep, there is no rush, at the end of day if you are married or not, it will not affect the way you love each other, so sometimes waiting a bit just give you some time to know the person a bit more... Do you actually live tohgether already? Otherwise moving in together for few months before deciding can be good as well...
  • Options
    There isn't such a thing as getting married too young, but there is such a thing as getting married too soon.

If you haven't been going out long, and you haven't lived with each other for a bit, then I don't think you should be getting married. If you haven't been on holiday just as a couple then don't get married. Moving in with someone or going on a long holiday with someone is the thing most likely to make you split- no matter how much you like them, if you can't live with their socks then you have no chance.

Don't rush, there's no hurry to get married. See if you can live with each other first.

As for the finances, you can get married for £200. But would you want to? No family, no church, no do, no honeymoon. Do you want that?

We had a cheapish do and it cost us over £6000 because we had a church and friends and a ceilidh evening reception.