Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Plucking Eyebrows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone else like the feeling while plucking when you get a really good un. Like with that bit of grease on the end and you can FEEL it and i actually say out loud 'AHAHA YOU BASTARD I GOT U'

does anyone else do this?

am i a freak?

aha i think i am.

Comments

• Options
    Yes I know exactly what you mean. I love that feeling too, I also like it when its only a little hair but its quite thick then when you pull it out, it has a long root.

:yes:
  • Options
    Makes my eyes water!
  • Options
    Yes I know exactly what you mean. I love that feeling too, I also like it when its only a little hair but its quite thick then when you pull it out, it has a long root.

:yes:

Same here
  • Options
    Gawd, how I hate plucking my eyebrows. It is just a pain in the arse. That reminds me, I really do need to do mine...
  • Options
    How funny, I used to be like that. I don't pluck any more, I've discovered waxing :D
  • Options
    How funny, I used to be like that. I don't pluck any more, I've discovered waxing :D

Waxing hurts a lot more for me. I would rather take my time and pluck.
  • Options
    I can't do home waxing on my eyebrows. I've had a bad experience of them where it ripped my skin off. When I get them waxed professionally though, they look really good. I don't have the money for that all the time though so I invested in a pair of Tweezerman tweezers :D
  • Options
    Waxing doesn't hurt a bit! It stung like the first couple times, now it hurts nada. I wax at home every time. Once a month. I used to get it done, but been doing it on my own for a good 5 years. People are always amazed when they find out I do them myself. $20 a go as opposed to $10 for like a years worth.

And its much better than tweezing. 2 minutes as opposed to half an hour.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Waxing doesn't hurt a bit! It stung like the first couple times, now it hurts nada. I wax at home every time. Once a month. I used to get it done, but been doing it on my own for a good 5 years. People are always amazed when they find out I do them myself. $20 a go as opposed to $10 for like a years worth.

And its much better than tweezing. 2 minutes as opposed to half an hour.

I didn't think it hurt either. I only had it done for the first time last week (professionally), but I didn't think it hurt at all.
  • Options
    I am so happy im not the only one
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i dont want to grow my eyebrows to get them waxed, but im going to get a fringe cut in on thurs, so then that can hide them while they grow so i can get them done properly. but yeah i definately know what you man rachael, its bliss!
  • Options
    Doncha just feel a bit prettier too when they are done.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Doncha just feel a bit prettier too when they are done.

I find that when I have had my eyebrows one, it opens up my face and defines my features more.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Waxing hurts a lot more for me. I would rather take my time and pluck.

if it's da bikini area, i get waxed out... both waxing and plucking start not hurting any more after a while. u get used to the pain. i randomly do pluck those bad ass hairs off my eyebrowz... it feels GOOD! i have a lot of eyelashes... i've been plucking those as well... i know, i know... it sounds WEIRD to pluck eyelashes... but hey... gotta do what i gotta do to make myself feel better... sometimes i get too many of them and occasionally a lash or two get out of the line and I pluck it! It feels as GOOD as plucking the bad one off my eyebrowz though the first time it hurt like mofos, but u get used to it like I did... LOL... It just feels GOOD and relieves my stress sometimes.

I totally have to agree that it feels GOOD! :D
  • Options
    threading is supposed to be better and last longer. anyone tried it?
  • Options
    threading is supposed to be better and last longer. anyone tried it?

Nope not tried it. I prefer getting my eye brows waxed. Doesn't hurt when you get used to it. Can't be bothered with plucking.
  • Options
    Waxing is the way to go for eyebrows
  • Options
    I didn't like threading. Took too long and they couldn't get all the really fine hairs taht waxing gets rid of.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    i LOVE having a good pluck. espesh if theyve not been done for ages and i feel PROUD afterwards. ohyer.
    :yes:. Oh yes.

I really should do mine actually...
  • Options
    i prefer waxing, absolutely hate plucking! makes me sneeze as well as hurting like hell! :(
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    i prefer waxing, absolutely hate plucking! makes me sneeze as well as hurting like hell! :(

It makes me sneeze too! At least I'm not the only one :p
  • Options
    and me!

why does it do that?
  • Options
    no idea! weird though!
  • Options
  • Options
    lol thats quite funny!

sexual excitement - i dont think ive ever sneezed in bed! lol

errrm i think plucking seriously painful!! i hate doing it but do feel prettier after! i used to get them waxed and found it didnt hurt so got a home kit - but cant do it to save my life the glue just sticks to me and then i have to rub the glue off and the hair is still there :mad: so i just pluck - any advice on home waxing appreciated actually - i think its a veet waxing set