Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long do you use the same razor blade?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just noticed today on a pack of new blade cartridges that it says to replace every 3 shaves. To me that seems excessive. Then again I use mine about 10 times, and knowing me thats probably excessive on the other end of the scale. So how long do you use yours for.

Comments

• Options
    until it doesn't shave very clean anymore. i dont have a time limit
  • Options
    I use an Intuition razor so I use it til the soap bit runs out.
  • Options
    Until I think it's not gonna be very good at shaving effectively.
  • Options
    Until it doesn't shave clean enough. If I changed it every three times I would spend a fortune on blades.
  • Options
    Yep, I use them until they become too blunt to do anything.
  • Options
    every 2 shaves or so. mind you, i dont shave very often, and when i do ive got a lot of fairly coarse hair on my face, so its just the best way really :).

Although, used a disposable razor last week, and I liked it a lot. Perfectly sharp every time? Yes please.
  • Options
    Depends how much i am shaving.
  • Options
    ill use razors on my legs and underarms for longer than ill use ones on my bikini area. I often have 2 razors on the go for that reason.
    for bikini area probably 4 shaves. For legs, until it starts grazing me and doesnt shave smoothly. Sometimes Ill just use the razor thats been bikini`d out as a leg razor for a while afterwards
  • Options
    I tend to use the same razor about 3 times. Any less, it would be really expensive.
  • Options
    The razor I use for my bikini area gets used once and once only. For my legs and underarms I use it until it it does not shave clean.
  • Options
    I use my razor till its blunt and starts to pull..........bit stupid really but I hate shaving and only do it every 2 weeks if I can be bothered..... :blush:
    Disposable razors are evil and should be culled though.... :mad:
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    Disposable razors are evil and should be culled though.... :mad:

For girls the venus divine disposables are good; for me anyway.
  • Options
    i use it till it isnt shaving as well, having said that if i have a night out or a special occasion planned then i use a new razor regardless
  • Options
    Well when everybody says, I use it till it doesn't shave well anymore, how long is that generally?
  • Options
    a heck of a lot more than 3 times! Probably even more than 10 for me. so I guess that makes 2 of us lazy razor blade changers.

:yes: Me too.

I use my razor for legs and underarm loads of times, I have the 'venus' one and to be honest I don't think i've changed it in a month and it gets used on my underarm nearly every day (still really smooth).

Bikini line would be different, prob after 1 or 2 shaves. x
  • Options
    There is a blue line on the head of the venus razors and once it disappears (after a few months) then you change it. I shave every other day and it seems to last for ages! If i changed the razor head every 3 shaves that would be every 6 days! which would cost a fortune! :eek2: :shocking:
  • Options
    I use my razor for as long as it makes my legs (and bikiniarea) smooth. The one I'm using atm has been in use for about 4 months. I feel like I should change it more often now :|. But it still works perfectly. I'm gonna change it soon, but I only have one left so...

Best bet - use a men's razor. Soooooo much longer lasting.
  • Options
    I use the heads til they stop working as well. About every 2-3 weeks depending on how much I use it.
  • Options
    :yes: Same here
  • Options
    I'm too lazy for shaving cream 90% of the time, how are those razors?
  • Options
    erm i have a proper shave maybe once every week and a half/2 weeks

still using the same pair of blades i got 6 months ago
  • Options
    too lazy?im too broke for it

My boyfriend has taught me the power of sales. Last time I bought 3 skintimates all with the 33% more for $3 :cool: :p
  • Options
    till it doesn't give a good shave. :)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I just noticed today on a pack of new blade cartridges that it says to replace every 3 shaves. To me that seems excessive. Then again I use mine about 10 times, and knowing me thats probably excessive on the other end of the scale. So how long do you use yours for.

You just use them until the blade isn't so sharp anymore - although I have noticed blades like Gilette made for countries outside of the Uk seem to last a lot longer.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I use my razor for as long as it makes my legs (and bikiniarea) smooth. The one I'm using atm has been in use for about 4 months. I feel like I should change it more often now :|. But it still works perfectly. I'm gonna change it soon, but I only have one left so...

Best bet - use a men's razor. Soooooo much longer lasting.
    Aren't they really harsh on underarms?
  • Options
    I don't seem to have a problem with mine :chin:
  • Options

I use to use them as well. But can't afford them all the time. Considering in going back to them though as they always make my legs super smooth.

But to answer the question, I just use it till the blade doesn't work as well. About a month roughly.
  • Options
    I only use the same one the once. Bit odd I know but I hate the thought of it not shaving perfectly and not getting a smooth shave 100%

I MIGHT use it twice but stop there.