Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

anybody awake?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying: :crying: :crying:
I know this should be in health but nobody will read it at this time of the morning.

Does anyone know if emergency out of hours services will be open today, easter sunday?

I dont want to go to a&e but im in agony with my throat, hence being awake now. Killing me to swallow.Started thursday night and every joint and muscle was hurting until yesterday it wore off, bought some Merocaine lozenges yesterday that worked but i went out last night and it was really smokey in the pub. Glands feel sore still too.
Ive eaten a smooth set yoghurt that helped, but only while i was eating it, now im drinking warm milk coz i usually find it leaves a sticky coating in my mouth. The merocaine has done piss all right now.
Any advice?

ouchies

Comments

• Options
    I'm in the U.S. so I'm awake... but don't know whether anything's open in the U.K. Anyhoo... if your throat is killin' ya, try, not just milk itself, but warm milk (microwave 1 to 2 minutes) with HONEY, a big spoonful of HONEY, might help... it helped me. Hope ya feel better...
  • Options
    try the nhs hotline if your worried that much,don't panic cos that can make things worse.
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    try the nhs hotline if your worried that much,don't panic cos that can make things worse.
    Yep, 24 hours on 0845 46 47. I strongly recommend you ring them if your discomfort is getting close to A&E levels. They'll be able to tell you what to do.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Yep, 24 hours on 0845 46 47. I strongly recommend you ring them if your discomfort is getting close to A&E levels. They'll be able to tell you what to do.

They'll also be able to refer you to emergency treatment centre's that are open. Hope you feel better soon hunny!
  • Options
    thanks folks,appreciate the advice.

I went back to bed and managed to get to sleep. Its not as bad today as last night, i can cope with this and i can eat and drink so i dont think i need to mither out of hours/emergency services at this point.
    I find it odd that it gets worse at night so im praying it doesnt get bad again tonight.

would have to be the most awkward weekend of ther year!

I guess this should be moved to health?
  • Options
    Hypocondriac!
  • Options
    Bit late now but there are pharmacys open for a limited number of hours like today. Only certain ones though.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Hypocondriac!

Excuse me??

Grow up for christ sake.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Excuse me??

Grow up for christ sake.

My recommended medication: 2 chill pills. :thumb: