Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fancying my sisters boyfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My sisters boyfriend has always been a great guy but recently I've begun to have feelings about him that I'm not too sure I understand. I fanatise about the two of us being alone doing male-2-male things. I've never spoken to my sister about it for the obvious reasons but its beginning to worry me.
I've never had a g/f and I'm beginning to think I could be gay or bisexual. Is this just a normal phase of development? Or is it just a reflection of inner frustration?

Comments

• Options
    Whether you could be gay or not is irrelivent. This is your sisters boyfriend so steer well clear
  • Options
    Whether you could be gay or not is irrelivent. This is your sisters boyfriend so steer well clear

:yes:

On the gay thing- fantasing about the someone of the same sex does not make you gay or bi. Lots of straight people have these thoughts, really try not to worry about it, you might be gay but you'll work it out in your own time if you are. Don't worry about not having had a gf either just try to enjoy life and have fun the rest will come into place. :thumb:
  • Options
    :yes:

On the gay thing- fantasing about the someone of the same sex does not make you gay or bi. Lots of straight people have these thoughts, really try not to worry about it, you might be gay but you'll work it out in your own time if you are. Don't worry about not having had a gf either just try to enjoy life and have fun the rest will come into place. :thumb:

I CONCUR :thumb:
  • Options
    Its all very well saying don't worry just get on with your life, but it ain't that simple. My life seems very confused and I'm not sure if my feelings are true or just a fanatsy.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt my sister but I have these strong feelings about her b/f but I also have strong desires about females. I feel very mixed up.
  • Options
    Have a wank and play some playstation. :thumb:
    Stop worrying about girlfriends or boyfriends and go out and have fun. :hyper:
    And if you cant stop thinking about this guy try to see as little of him as possible,that will help you to stop thinking and obsessing over him.
    Well,it helped me when I fancied a girl......
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    Have a wank and play some playstation.

Nice one. My advice also.

Fantasising about a guy doesnt make you bisexual, or gay. I often think about these things. It doesn't turn me on though, but its normal.

I'm usually tickling the pickle nicely and then some fat old motherfucker pops into my head and touches my penis. Ruins the night for me :(
  • Options
    Normal phase of development? At 26? :chin:
  • Options
    So you might be bi. Big deal. Embrace it if that's what you are.

Don't go and tell your sister's bloke you want to ride his willy, though, it's just not cricket.
  • Options
    I'm not going to say anything to my sisters boyfriend, how could I? I don't want to hurt her, anyway he probably doesn't fancy me as hes interested in my sister. Its good to see him come round the house though, and we do get on ok, he seems to like the same sort of music & films as me. I often wonder whether or not he has picked up any vibes from me?
  • Options
    Tugger wrote:
    ... probably doesn't fancy me ...

Probably? Probably? How about DEFINITELY?

Dude, talking from experience, forget any feelings you have towards him because you will end up in tears.

If this is just a fantasy due to some inner confusion, act it out with someone else - not your sister's boyfriend. Even if he did fancy you, if you have any respect for your sister, you would leave him well alone anyway.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Tugger wrote:
    I've never had a g/f and I'm beginning to think I could be gay or bisexual. Is this just a normal phase of development? Or is it just a reflection of inner frustration?

I'd say just a normal phase of development to be honest.

Have a look at TheSite's articles on exploring your sexuality and The wrong label.

This askTheSite Q&A explores ways to meet other gay people which you might find helpful.

Take care
  • Options
    I've never talked about this before, but i'll tell you mate, i went through a long phase of fantasising about a couple of guys i knew. At more than one stage this really started to bother me, because i was thinking more about them than i was about girls, and seeing as my older brother is gay to, i pretty much scared the bejesus out of myself! Thing is, i never saw myself acting on it, and never really came close to doing so, while at the same time, i had no trouble asking girls out etc. So in the end i put it down to teenage hormones, teenage insecurity etc plus i think the fact i'd never had a serious relationship with a girl played on my mind a bit and maybe made me question myself unecessarily sometimes. I know you're a bit older than that now, but i reckon something similar could be happening to you. In the end, it all just sort of went away as i grew older and had a first proper girlfriend etc. As a result, these days i think i'm much more secure in my sexuality than i would have been had none of this happened. My advice, just give it time, obviously don't do anything stupid regarding this guy, and in time, you will come to know either way. I personally don't think you're gay for a minute, and this is just a one time crush, but like i say you will realise for yourself either way in time. Truth be known, i think much more people have at sometime in their life fantasised about the same sex than care to admit. It happens to ALOT of people.....
  • Options
    Truth be known, i think much more people have at sometime in their life fantasised about the same sex than care to admit. It happens to ALOT of people.....

Very true ... so don't make a move on your sister's boyfriend! ;)