Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FYI: Norman Kember interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
09:00
["Taking A Stand", not] Home Truths
15 April 2006

For 117 days he endured the ordeal of being a kidnap victim in Iraq, then he returned home to find himself accused of being insufficiently grateful to his SAS rescuers. Now in his first broadcast interview the peace activist Norman Kember tells his own story.

In a specially extended edition of Taking the [or "a"] Stand, he answers his critics and talks exclusively to Feargal Keane about survival in the most desperate of situations. He speaks about his [I don't think they mean] American kidnappers, about his American fellow captive who was murdered and about the rescue effort which freed him. And in a moving testimony, Norman Kember speaks about the emotional cost for his family.
The listing has several mistakes. I guess it was rushed

Comments

• Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    The listing has several mistakes. I guess it was rushed
    sorry,but i think the bloke is a twat!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    sorry,but i think the bloke is a twat!
    Do you know him then?
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    Do you know him then?

He sleeps in a cardboard box outside the ditch I live in.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    Do you know him then?
    i don't need to
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i don't need to
    So, you've reached this conclusion based on jingoistic news reporting, and needn't bother even trying to find out what his stance is

If so, I know who I think the twat is.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    So, you've reached this conclusion based on jingoistic news reporting, and needn't bother even trying to find out what his stance is

If so, I know who I think the twat is.
    can you see a p.r stunt?
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    can you see a p.r stunt?
    Yes. Taking a stand is a program that takes a sypathetic view to its subject. Given all the negative publicity he has received, I don't see a problem with that - but I would like to hear what he has to say for himself before I decide what I think of him.

Of course, sending soldiers in to rescue peace protestors is a far more cynical PR stunt.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    Yes. Taking a stand is a program that takes a sypathetic view to its subject. Given all the negative publicity he has received, I don't see a problem with that - but I would like to hear what he has to say for himself before I decide what I think of him.

Of course, sending soldiers in to rescue peace protestors is a far more cynical PR stunt.
    a p.r stunt in itself perhaps?