Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Split up,he doesn't want try again,am still in luv,hard to get ova him

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I split up with my ex 3 weeks ago as we kept arguing over silly things. Things were tense and tried to work things out for 4 months but it wasn't getting better, we knew if it carried on that way we would split up.

We had a big arguement and i decided it was enough and told him i wanted to split up. After thinking about it though i realised that i still wanted to be with him and want to keep trying, i just wanted a break and some time apart from each other. He said he doesn't want to try again as he doesn't think things will change if we got back together and will keep doing the things that we argue about.

I was deeply hurt as my view is that if you luv someone that much and really want to be with them you will keep trying, as it used to be so effortless making each other happy. However things were tense and we both did things that annoyed each other, we both tried to change things but the harder we tried the less it was working out, which as the time passed we feel it may be down to our personalities don't seem compatiable. But i still hold on to that hope that it may not be and given time and the feeling is still there we may still be able to work things out.

Thats me view, but his view is he has made it very clear that he does not want to get back with me, he says its cos we're not compatible however still wants to be friends. He says he still cares and luvs me but i find it hard to beleive this because he doesn't want to try and get back with me, even after giving time to chill out and have a break from each other.

I know i need to get over him and move on but it's so difficult. We haven't really talked since splitting up but i have to work with him (looking for new job already) & feel that i need to blank him & ignore him to get him out my head. My head is so messed up & question so many things.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get over someone when you're still so in love with them and he says he luvs you but he has made it clear he does not want to get back together with you?... The hurt & pain is unbearable.

Comments

• Options
    Its hard to deal with it, but you get over it in time :)
  • Options
    yea one day you will think, what did i ever feel like i am doin now!!
  • Options
    nw_samzi19 wrote:
    Its hard to deal with it, but you get over it in time :)

I agree. Give yourself time to get over it.... go out with friends, see a film, go do something, anything to take your mind off it. Do things that you didn't do/felt you couldn't do when you were togther with them

Give yourself time to be sad over it, but then try to move your life forward and carry on with other things
  • Options
    yup. ya look back one day and think why the hell was i upset over that?

Especially when you have something better with somone else :)