Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do i tell her or what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've recently split up with my girlfriend of 6 months, but to be honest the relationship was always on the rocks and we always argued. a girl who i am really friendly with i really like, she has a boyfriend at the moment but has been having troubles with him, she has been coming round mine n hanging out with me and generally having a laugh with me, and last week i took her out shopping n cinema, was a good day and to be honest without her my past 2 weeks (after break up) would be hell. Basically when i talk to her its so easy and i feel so comfortable. Do i tell her my feelings for her despite her having a boyfriend or what??? will it scare her away...or will it maybe give a postive effect between us.what you think?

Comments

• Options
    i think she must know how u feel+get the impression she feels the same, but obviously doesnt want to cheat on her b.f.
    Maybe drop a subtle hint like; cant bleieve he treats u so badly (or woteva),cos you're such a lovely person?
  • Options
    ive already said stuff like that, told her how lucky he is to have her and how much of a noob hes been treating her even after she ahd a talk to him about it,
  • Options
    I say tell her, but don't be too over the top about it and don't try and split them up or encourage her to break up with him. Just make sure she knows all the options that are open to her, that way I'm sure she'll make the right choice. xx
  • Options
    yeah i concur that you should tell her but do not become too pressurising as she may feel like she has to make a choice between you or her current bf although that is not your motive in telling her your feelings. just be cool with her and make her feel relaxed about everything, make sure she doesn't feel she has to make a decision or something!
  • Options
    If her relationship is as rocky as you say it is then if you just stay close and remain a shoulder to cry on then when something happens you can be there to pick up the pieces!

If you tell her you fancy her (and she doesn't feel the same) she may distance herself from you and then you've lost out too?

Just think very carefully! Good luck.
  • Options
    he might not be treating her very nice but by the sounds of it shes been seeing you more than him! Soudns like her relationship is on the rocks, maybe she just wants the attention of two guys scrapping over her though. Let the situation sort itself out I wld say, she might try and kep you both on good terms, playing one off against another. For example: she says to you her boyfriend is being a bastard to her, you play the protective male friend role and tell her shes too good for him - but then to him she says you keep wanting to see her all the time, and he plays the protective boyfriend role, saying how he loves her and isnt going to let any guy get in the way of that.

Just a consideration, mind you. I dont like it when someones in a relationship and entertaining another person, because its not open really.

Best case scenario, she goes out with you and dumps this guy. What if she goes to another guy about you all the time? :/
  • Options
    nah aint lyk dat at all, bascally i went to her, and as far as i know she doesent know i have feelings for her, and no her boyfriend isnt that type, he doesent care much for the relationship, she always texting him n stuff but he is never the first to text and hes never the one to make plans (lyk my old relationship but i was the one who was lyk her rarther then him)
  • Options
    just keep being her friend, be kind, and dont push her
    you dont wanna end up just being transitional
  • Options
    Her boyfriends jus broken up with her....what do i do now..i aint told her nuffkn,
  • Options
    ryanhorner wrote:
    Her boyfriends jus broken up with her....what do i do now..i aint told her nuffkn,

Well if she i free now, nothing is stopping you anymore, give her some time to cope tho, be her friend and then make your move when you think she has recovered from the break-up. You don't want to take advantage either.
  • Options
    be supportive for her at the moment so that she knows you're there! u dont want to really say too much at the moment, but u could slip in a sly comment like "i would never hurt u", subtle but she would hear it and think "maybe something could happen between".
  • Options
    If the relationship's just died, then I wouldn't go bouncing in for the kill just yet. What's the rush?

Be around her, be with her, I wouldn't force things too much. I expect you're both quite young, so she won't exactly be suicidal, so don't go in trying to do the "supportive" thing. Mostly because being a supportive friend takes you further away from a girls' pants, not closer to them.
  • Options
    Lol skeen that mate. what would you advice then kermit???? whats my plan of action from here...and im not in it for just getting into her pants...i generally care for her and want to be their with her
  • Options
    I would say just keep doing what your doing, but drop hints like "If you were my girl...blah blah bla"

Make her feel specail, you dont have to break the bank to do this tho. Things like walks round the park and picnics are always kinda romantic. And if the weather is bad, have a picnic in you room or something, rug down, basket of food and candles. Could make her laugh and make her think that you would be a fun bf to have.
  • Options
    ryanhorner wrote:
    I've recently split up with my girlfriend of 6 months, but to be honest the relationship was always on the rocks and we always argued. a girl who i am really friendly with i really like, she has a boyfriend at the moment but has been having troubles with him, she has been coming round mine n hanging out with me and generally having a laugh with me, and last week i took her out shopping n cinema, was a good day and to be honest without her my past 2 weeks (after break up) would be hell. Basically when i talk to her its so easy and i feel so comfortable. Do i tell her my feelings for her despite her having a boyfriend or what??? will it scare her away...or will it maybe give a postive effect between us.what you think?

She wouldn't hang out that much with you if she had still strong hopes in her relationship, otherwise she would be fighting for it.

Comfort her. She was there for you. Tell her that! Tell her, you are thankful for subtly helping you over the break-up and that you are glad that you can casually spend time with her so she forgets about her problems too. Sooner or later she'll realize who's exerted to make her happy and secure, that's where you score. Never ever try to actively break them up tho!!
  • Options
    ryanhorner wrote:
    whats my plan of action from here...and im not in it for just getting into her pants...i generally care for her and want to be their with her

Nah, I was just joking a bit...but I bet you wouldn't say no if you did get in her pants;)

I'd flirt with her, and see how she reacts. Be a mate, but make sure that you flirt, and let her see you are more interesting than just a friend. If she gives it back as good as she gets I'd say you were on to a winner.

Just see how she is around you. If she's teary and weepy then do support her and be friendly to her, make her feel special again. But don't try and feel her pain, and if she isn't overly fussed about the breakup then don't try and be the supportive man.

Just make sure you keep things a bit flirty and a bit smutty, just to make sure you don't get put in the box marked "like a brother to me".
  • Options
    yeh man i hear that. well me tinks ill play it cool n a bit smoothe for about a week, and then see what happens and then maybe i jus give her one of those romantic talks :D