Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pill and antibioctics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im on antibioctics, can it interfier with the pill?? My sis said they advise you to take precautions?

Comments

• Options
    Yes they can, you are advised to take extra precautions whilst taking the antibiotics. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned when you was given the antibiotics.
  • Options
    To be honest he did say somert about the pill, I just nodded and didnt really listern - stupid of me :o I was just in sooooooo much pain, I didnt care!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Briony wrote:
    Im on antibioctics, can it interfier with the pill?? My sis said they advise you to take precautions?

Yes it does. I am on antibiotics atm and im away to visit my boyfriend in just over a week so will have to use condoms :( hate them.
  • Options
    yes it does, you'll need to take other precautions. and next time you might want to listen to the doctor. :)
  • Options
    it depends on the antibiotic, some interfere and some don't. you could either phone up the pharmacy where you got them from or the doctor or just take precautions anyway.
  • Options
    pharmacy will say-take precautions
  • Options
    You should use condems til you start you first packet after you finish your course, or even for a month after you finish taking them if you can. The advise they give you isnt normally for long enough.
  • Options
    When I was on antibiotics they told me that I would need to use protection whilst I was taking them and then 7 days after I had stopped taking them.
  • Options
    Briony wrote:

They do if you're name's Liz Hurley and you're dating a Billionaire !! :)
  • Options
    7 days is what my gf was told. Depends what the antibiotics are. Website: www.bnf.org.uk will give you side effect and precautions for any drugs (you have to register but it's free and anyone can do it)
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    When I was on antibiotics they told me that I would need to use protection whilst I was taking them and then 7 days after I had stopped taking them.

Yep thats what I was told too.