Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

911 Film

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What does everybody think about the 911 film, I just saw the trailer and it looks heartbreakin!!

Do you think its right making a film of the time thousands died???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

Guess it's kinda interesting if they are telling the tale etc, I mean it is an historic event. But then again, are they gonna be profiting on the death of all those people? I If they are then that's a bit sick IMHO.
    Well I've seen the trailer, but not the film. It looks like the usual Hollywood pro-America drivel to be honest so I probably won't be interested. If it was actually something with a different angle on it, or that showed us things we didn't already know then it might be worth it, but it sounds like a cash-in.
    Yea i think its awful! they are giving half the prfits to the families but only from the first opening weekend so they are just thinking of ways to get people in!!
    Yea i think its awful! they are giving half the prfits to the families but only from the first opening weekend so they are just thinking of ways to get people in!!
    I heard 10%
    that's hardly anything, jebus.

talk about profiting from the dead.
    Well, at least they're making that gesture. They don't have to give anything to anyone's family, it was a terrible thing to happen but anyone can make a film documenting it. Of course they'll want to make a profit, the bottom line is that the film industry is a business like any other. They have their costs and expenses and of course they want to see returns on their work.

If a million films can be made (and for profit) about such and such a war/murder/genocide/evil dictator/serial killer etc etc then I don't see why a film can't be made about one of the most signifigant "terrorist attacks" in the history of the USA. So, personally I don't see the problem.

Whether it's any good or not is a different kettle of fish, but I do think it looks vaguely interesting.
    Hasn't there already been a film about 9'11?
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Hasn't there already been a film about 9'11?

yer last year I think. Called 9/11 if I can remember well. Also it was a documentary, maybe here it's a movie. Don't see anything wrong with it tho, jhow many movie have they made about the first worl war, the second and others... Same thing imo...
    If they didnt give anyone anything i dont think anyone would go and see it, but this tricks people into thinking there helping people!
    Apparently they have even shown things like people jumping out of windows and splatting on the floor.
    If they didnt give anyone anything i dont think anyone would go and see it, but this tricks people into thinking there helping people!
    Apparently they have even shown things like people jumping out of windows and splatting on the floor.

Well that's what happend, so if they want to do it proper they have too imo...
    Whether or not the families get a cut of the profits isn't a deciding factor when I decide whether or not to watch films "based on a true story", but ymmv.

I'd rather watch a film that is potentially interesting and poignant than American Pie 50: Redux, or another shite horror film remake. At least there is far more likelihood of discussion and reflection resulting from this film, and without knowing a lot about it I am sure the subject matter and stories of the deceased are handled with huge sensitivity.
    Who gives a fuck? Tens of millions of innocent people died in WW1 and WW2 and there's countless films about it. They can do whatever the fuck they want tbh!
    Havn't seen or heard it, but just sounds boring tbh
    I read about it in yesterdays paper an apparently its gonna be banned anyway because its 'too much too soon' Wouldnt interest me to watch anyway tbh
    I read about it in yesterdays paper an apparently its gonna be banned anyway because its 'too much too soon' Wouldnt interest me to watch anyway tbh
    I won't get banned I don't reckon. Looks like they've spent too much money on it to risk it being banned. Not that it should be banned anyway - no film should.
    anyone got a link to the trailer, think this could be a quality film, i dont see what the fuss is, there were no fuss made about Jarhead recently or even buffalo soldiers, fuck em, watch the film
    What does everybody think about the 911 film, I just saw the trailer and it looks heartbreakin!!

How many films were made about WW1, WW2, Vietnam?
    How many films were made about the 1906 Earthquake?

You can't stop people making films about human tragedies, it's part of life.
    Plus the 2000 people involved with United 93, have all signed off and given their permission to the film makers, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Maybe the bravery of the people on that flight should be documented this way.
    Imagine what would have happened if that plane reached it's destination.

I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone else really.

There are countless films about incidents in which thousands of people die (schindler's list for one). I personally believe its important that films like this are made, 9/11 is part of world history today and has affected far more people on this earth than just the families of the victims killed on that specific day.

x
    theres also oliver stones effort coming out soon as well

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/