Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hotel in centre of birmingham

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
me+my fella are going away for the weekend in about a month. so far the plan is to check in at a hotel, have a lovely meal, then go onto getting pissed and having a dance in a nightclub, then the next day going shopping.
we've chosen birmingham bcos we've never been there b4+both want to go shopping/clubbing in a new place.
Can anyone suggest any hotels, or preferably a cheap B+B, right close to the pubs,clubs+shops.
Is everything pretty central there, cos ive heard of the bullring, but aren't sure what's actualy there.
cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The Crowne Plaza in the city centre is nice and it's pretty central http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/925/en/hd/bhxct
  • Options
    The Crowne Plaza's a good choice for location - close to both Broad Street and the Bullring (the Bullring is about a 5 - 10 min walk from Broad Street, anyway).

Another option, but slightly pricier, is the Marriot on Five Ways (posh as fuck, as have had the pleasure of meeting someone there once) - it's at the far end of Broad Street, but only a 5 min walk to Five Ways station, which is then a 3 min train ride to New Street Station (which is right at the Bullring). Plus the Marriot is 5 min walk from the end of Broad Street - ideal for hitting the bar crawl from one end of Broad Street to the other!

Details: http://marriott.com/property/guestrooms/BHXBH?mktcmp=Google_local_guest-room_x
  • Options
    I was in Birmingham last Monday and I noticed when I went the Weatherspoons that they had a hotel that I wouldn't class as too expensive to be honest. This hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station and is in the city centre.
  • Options
    ace, thank u. dont want to have to pay alot!
    Did u visit any good pubs/clubs in birn=mingham
  • Options
    ace, thank u. dont want to have to pay alot!
    Did u visit any good pubs/clubs in birn=mingham

What kind of music do you like?

I know some nice restaurants you couuld go to for your meal, depending on your budget.
  • Options
    mmm, not sure on budget yet. would like somewhere nice, maybe spend bout £25 each on the meal~+then extra on drinks. Although, if any1 can recommend anywhere cheap,but nice, that'll do.
    If we stay at the spoons, will be very tempted to have a meal there (cos the foods nice) and spend more shopping next day.
    Music wise i like RnB, dance, cheesy 80's, abit of pop, pretty much anything.
  • Options
    mmm, not sure on budget yet. would like somewhere nice, maybe spend bout £25 each on the meal~+then extra on drinks. Although, if any1 can recommend anywhere cheap,but nice, that'll do.
    If we stay at the spoons, will be very tempted to have a meal there (cos the foods nice) and spend more shopping next day.
    Music wise i like RnB, dance, cheesy 80's, abit of pop, pretty much anything.

Come on, you can do better than wetherspoons 2 for 1 on a nice weekend in a different place. You can eat wetherspoons everywhere!

There's lots of nice restaurants around Brindley Place (behind Broad Street) but they are quie pricey unless you get a special early. There's a really nice Italian place there, can't remember the name but it has a waterfall inside. There's also nice restaurants in the Mailbox.

If you like chinese you could go for the buffet at Big Wok, it's about £8, not very romantic but fun and nice food. Or there's the mongolian bar in St Paul's Square, that's nice, about £10.

You should probably go out to broad street if that's the music you like, there's loads of bars and clubs playing that sort of music along there.
  • Options
    that chinese place sounds lovely+it sounds more relaxed and fun too as u said. wll check broad street out thanx!
  • Options
    Broad Street sounds the best option for you.

Brindley Place (back of Broad Street) horrifically expensive meal wise, as has been said, but check out 5pm.co.uk - you can get some 2 for 1 deals, think I used one for a place at Brindley Place (excuse the pun).

What about The Living Room? Or is that just shit these days.
  • Options

• Options
    Just like to point out that i wouldnt recommend big wok, the food is not very nice, very greasy and VERY salty (and they also ccharge you for tap water) and it looks like andd has the atmosphere of a school canteen.

If you google, youll find lots of reviews of restaurants in birmingham. And if you like chinese theres plenty more restaurants by big wok in the chinese quarter.
  • Options
    Aha, the bucklemaker- so that's what it's called. I recommend this one, especially if you like sea food and wine!
  • Options
    O.k. I'll go Mr Egg. He He.