Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Glandula fever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive just got my blood test results back from my doctor and they said ive got glandula (sorrhe about spelling) fever, i was wondering how long this illness lasts and whats the best and quickest way of getting over it as i cant really take time of college and work and also ive got to have my hepititus B injection next week will this affect me in having it ?

Comments

• Options
    Found this for ya. I've known a few people with mono. Horrible. THough they always said its the easiest way to lose weight :p Cant eat and just sleep all the time. I hope its not too bad for ya.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mononucleosis/DS00352

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3595
  • Options
    it depends how bad you get it....i had it a few years ago and it's stuck with my since, i get out of breath easy and get run down really easy...and takes me ages to recover :(
  • Options
    I was off work for 6 months! Slept a help of a lot of that, but it did trigger depression with me too which was a factor.
  • Options
    Umm its anything from 2 weeks to 6months. I had it a few years back took me a good 5 months to get over it. And i've not been right since. Everytime you get run down it can flare up, and relapses can happen. Which I've got at the moment.

But in the meantime its an excuse to sleep, if your in college make sure your teachers know about it, and also when it comes to your exams if your still suffering get a note from the doctor, it helps with the marking.