Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Championship Manager 2006

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Anyone else having problems with the screen randomly flashing at them, or is this just me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a subliminal message telling you to dump Cm2006 and go with the far more superior Football Manager 2006.

:p
  • Options
    I've played it and it really is awful, infact a terrible game! Football manager is the best, abd it was made by the old champ manager guys apparently.
  • Options
    champ manager 1998 was the best
  • Options
    Yeah. Edios and Sigames (I think!!) fell out and parted ways. Edios kept the name but the developers obviously had the skills and FM was born. Way better than the new CM.
  • Options
    oh dear god. my ex boyfriend was obsessed with champ manager! don't think he likes the newer ones though.
  • Options
    I agree champ man sucks now, get yourself over to FM2006 altho i havent played that as much as previous years.
  • Options
    i stopped playing it after cm 03-04, that version was imense though
  • Options
    oh dear god. my ex boyfriend was obsessed with champ manager! don't think he likes the newer ones though.

I was really addicted to it a few years ago. :blush:
    i stopped playing it after cm 03-04, that version was imense though

That version got boring after a while, but only because I knew exactly which players and teams to choose and which ones to avoid.
  • Options
    Si Games has recently been bought over by Sega. True fact. Si made the game, Eidos only published it.

It is widely known the new CM franchise will need a few years to get going and be a decent game. Whereas because FM is still made by SI it's always going to be the best ;)

Can you tell i use the SI forum :p

Sofie, seeing as no one has tried to help you yet :p .. Is the game compatible with you're graphics card? Have you tried updating you're graphics card drivers? Does the manual make any referance to this in the troubleshooting section? Have you also tried the Eidos or CM website or forum for any help. usually if it is a commen issue their own forums will have people talking about how to fix it, you're best heading over to that.
  • Options
    EDN! - Thanks. I've tried the CM forum but hacen't had a reply yet. I tried another forum and I got told by someone to update my Directx thing. (Which is what, exactly?)
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    EDN! - Thanks. I've tried the CM forum but hacen't had a reply yet. I tried another forum and I got told by someone to update my Directx thing. (Which is what, exactly?)

Direct X 9.0c
  • Options
    Have installed Direct X 9.0. It's becoming so much worse now that it's impossible to play.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

That version got boring after a while, but only because I knew exactly which players and teams to choose and which ones to avoid.

Liverpool were quality on that version. But saying that on all the versions after i worked out who was good i'd always buy the same players and use the same diablo formation :yes:
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    Liverpool were quality on that version. But saying that on all the versions after i worked out who was good i'd always buy the same players and use the same diablo formation :yes:

I was like that and I always played with Chelsea because of the advantage of having a rich owner.

Anyway:
    I tried downloading and installing DirectX 9 and still had problems with it. I went back to the shop where I got it from hoping to either exchange it or get my money back. I got told that I was able to either exchange it for another copy, get another game to the same value (£29.99) or be given a gift voucher. I asked if I could get another copy and see how it goes. I also explained the problem and said that it was probably something to do with my PC and not the atual game.
    Seems to be working fine for now.