Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tummy stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so girls will most likely know what I"m talking about, the little pooch. The area right below your navel. Even real skinny girls but that dont work out have them. Now that my tummy is getting littler that area is more pronounced. So are there any things to do to work on it? I can't seem to find anything that works that area. THanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Lie flat on your back with your hands under your bum, legs together. Lift your legs a little into the air hold, and let back down again, repeat 12 times, twice a day.

This works your lower abs, as opposed to sit ups toning your upper abs.

Ilora x
  • Options
    aah i've been pondering about this too....the little roll of flab at the bottom! Its been bugging me for years, if it wasn't for it then i'd be happy with my body. I want to get rid of it in time for summer so i can wear a bikini.
  • Options
    Oh thank you Illora :).
    I saw two things at the gym yesterday. Pretty much you keep yourself hanging from a few bars and do like reverse sit up type things from that. If that makes any sense to people, then there was a machine with the same concept. I didn't try it but they looked like they maybe helped with that area. Anybody know?
  • Options
    argh i have that too!! i haaate it!! that area is the cause for me wanting to lose more weight.. but however much i lose, the weight neever seems to get lost from that place!!
    its so annoying.

like you ballerina i want to lose it before summer so i can finally wear a bikini and not feel like a complete elephant.
  • Options
    Hanging from a pull-up bar and lifting your knees to your chest helps that area too. :thumb:
    Unfortunately,it will fucking brutalise your hands and shoulders if you arent used to holding your own body weight..... :eek: Standing up with your hands behind your head and shoulders out lifting your knees to alternate elbows helps as well I think........maybe. :chin:
    Ps,as for crunches only working upper abs,next time you do them hold your hands on your bottom abs and crunch up. :thumb:
    Pps......leg raises are a piece of cake so try to do 2 sets twice a day and put the reps up regularly as they become easy very fast.But if you dont want to do loads of reps hold your legs in the air just about a foot off the floor for as long as possible.......and feel the burn!!!!! :hyper: Remember,your feet cant touch the floor either!! :razz:
  • Options
    The one I saw wasn't so much of hanging from your hands, but kind of hanging from your armpits and arms at that level, if that makes any sense.

Thanks for your help too leaf :)
  • Options
    what also helps stomach tone loads is just having good posture. if youre walking or sitting or whatever, try to concentrate on holding your abdominal muscles. also i find if youre running or on a cross trainer, holding them in also helps tone them. its not so specific to your lower ab muscles, but im sure it helps them too.
    im sure doing a google seach for lower abdominal exercises should give you some inspiration!