Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Share my pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did a really hard class at the gym yesterday and OMFG I can't move today! I'm meant to be going out with people from work tonight, I don't think there will be much dancing going on, lol

Comments

• Options
    im in the same position, played footy on tuesday and im carrying a bit of strain, but we've got another game tonight and we dont have a replacement due to a outbreak of disease amongst my friends. so i'll be playing injured, then going out on the town afterwards, im gonna be sore tomorrow :(
  • Options
    least you know it's done some good!
  • Options
    :(

as lucifer said, at least you know that the exercise has done something!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Ahh poor you, a few drinks will help you loosen up for dancing tonight though. :yes:
  • Options
    Hmm, I think there is a very valuable lesson to be learned here...

Exercise is bad for you. Stay on the sofa and drink beer.

:lol:

This happened to me when I did Ten Tors both times. Only did a few miles or so and was very sore (and tired) the next day.
  • Options
    i sympathize!! i went to the gym a few weeks ago and went on the bicycle thing. my calf muscle started to get a bit sore, but i figured that i only had a minute to go until the 'session' i entered in was over so carried on. 30 seconds later my whole calf went into spasm lol and i was in complete agony. was crying and everything too so the bloke on the bike next to me had to walk me to a seat to sit down for a while to get over it. very embarassing and could not walk properlly for the next week
  • Options
    I did a really hard class at the gym yesterday and OMFG I can't move today! I'm meant to be going out with people from work tonight, I don't think there will be much dancing going on, lol

What class was it? Do you normally go to it?

I ached when I first started going to classes but not anymore. I did step and abs last night, my abs ached a bit when I was in bed last night.

Have a hot bath before you go out and stretch a bit.
  • Options
    Sounds like you did too much if you are still hurting today :p
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Sounds like you did too much if you are still hurting today :p

:no: if you're not hurting the next day u just didn't do enough ;p
  • Options
    Exercise is bad for you. Stay on the sofa and drink beer.

That may well become my new mantra.

I'm in pain too.. can't seem to shake my hangover. We did win the pub quiz last night though, so it's impossible for me to be miserable. :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    That may well become my new mantra.

I'm in pain too.. can't seem to shake my hangover. We did win the pub quiz last night though, so it's impossible for me to be miserable. :thumb:

Why can't you live closer to me, eh? All my mates are the boring type who have now decided that they have hit 20 and they have to give up the alcohol.

Yes, you got that right. GIVE. UP. ALCOHOL.

• Options
    Why can't you live closer to me, eh? All my mates are the boring type who have now decided that they have hit 20 and they have to give up the alcohol.

Yes, you got that right. GIVE. UP. ALCOHOL.

Tsk, there are always some people who have to take it just that little bit too far, aren't they? I mean, give up doing bodyshots from the stomach of the old pervert in 'Spoons and that's fair enough. But giving up all together is for quitters...

We'll have you nicely back on track to liver picklage next Sat though. ;) :hyper:
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    :no: if you're not hurting the next day u just didn't do enough ;p
    Not always. I always go the gym in the morning. I can do a a hard session at the gym and be hurting for the rest of the day but be fine the next day. I leave the gym when I can't physically do any more. Thats when I know I've done enough. I don't always hurt afterwards though.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Tsk, there are always some people who have to take it just that little bit too far, aren't they? I mean, give up doing bodyshots from the stomach of the old pervert in 'Spoons and that's fair enough. But giving up all together is for quitters...

We'll have you nicely back on track to liver picklage next Sat though. ;) :hyper:

Like, imagine going to Spoons and drinking Coke. Or lemonade. WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY CHEAPER TO GET WASTED? It makes me want to cry.

It's good to know you have my (sorry, our) best interests at heart mate. ;)
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Not always. I always go the gym in the morning. I can do a a hard session at the gym and be hurting for the rest of the day but be fine the next day. I leave the gym when I can't physically do any more. Thats when I know I've done enough. I don't always hurt afterwards though.

really?

if i go to the gym im fine for the day but almost always hurt when i wake up the next morning.
  • Options
    This should probably be in "sport and fitness" but.. none of you should be hurting regularly after the gym, no matter how long afterwards. Maybe for your first session or so of something new you might get some tightness a day (or more if you're unfit) afterwards, but from then on your body should be able to adapt.

If you're consistently in pain after a session, then you're doing something wrong. You're either not warming up properly, or you're doing too much.

It sounds like Schnap me baby did a hard session of something different, so I can understand pain after that, but the rest of you worry me.

Stacey it sounds like you're working yourself too hard in sessions, you shouldn't keep going until you physically collapse, you should set a time limit and stick to it. Your body won't benefit from massive sessions leading to complete exhaustion as much as it would from a more refined session. You should be looking at 40 mins or so actual training I reckon, unless you're way into a serious training plan.
  • Options
    Just got home, managed a bit of dancing so can't be that bad! Think the alcohol helped to numb the pain tho!

I did a step and body conditioning class. Think it was the body conditioning that fucked me over tho, damn them weights, lol
  • Options
    i had my dancin shoes on too, with sand in them. so sore :(:( feel sorry for me by giving me alcohol and fags thanks. :heart:
  • Options
    Kerrie wrote:
    i had my dancin shoes on too, with sand in them. so sore :(:( feel sorry for me by giving me alcohol and fags thanks. :heart:

mate if I had any fags and alcohol left i wouldn't be donating them to you so nerrrr :razz:
  • Options
    so selfish :( (/insert sticky out tongue smiley, i cant find it)