Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Im not depressed anymore!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well,I have sent that msn girl an email saying we shouldnt talk again,deleted her off msn and deleted her number off my phone.I did it because if I talked to her day after day knowing what shes doing with other guys itd drive me mental........sad but I do feel much better. :thumb:
I think what woooooah posted was totally right,me being jealous or frustrated about never getting a girl but I think most 18yr old guys would be frustrated never having had a hug,first kiss or conversation with a girl that didnt include me being told Im "worthless shit".
Sorry for the depressing shit I post.Its just that its a real hard slog to get my self-esteem and confidence up only to have it knocked down again and again and have to restart.Plus,having no-one to confide in,shoulder to cry on or being able to get a hug(I havent had one since I was 6 :( )makes it a lot harder.So these boards are the way to vent it and get advice,although I reckon a lot of people get pissed off with posts like mine. :yes:
My plan for this week is to try and have a decent conversation with some of the people whos horses me and my aunt do.....it`ll be hard because Iv always been quiet around them but Im gonna try.Also,if I see a pretty girl I`ll try and hold eye contact and smile and see what happens. :razz:
Its not much of a plan but....what the hell its better than wallowing in self pity again. :yuck:
Thanks for all the help on the other thread,the blunt truth really does help when I think back through it.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    katralla sends a *cyber hug* and squeezes really tightly :yes:
  • Options
    :D Thanks....needed that!! :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    *man hug*

Godo luck eh! Just don't be cock,y but be confident and talk to folk. Its easy once you get started, but starting the hard bit. Either way... don't get too down... it'll all get better with a little work! And don't get down if women only want to be freinds (Its a bummer, but meh) a freind is a freind!
  • Options
    Great really wanted to know that! :shocking:
  • Options
    Dead on
  • Options
    When i see alot of posts like yours, it make me just want to take them out for a pint :) I think i see alot of how i felt in them a while ago, until i finally realised it just wasn't the case at all.
  • Options
    Im up for a pint!! :thumb:
    But man,today was hard.The thing that set my depression off may be small and pathetic but it triggers a kind of chain reaction and ALL the depressing stuff I thought Id locked away comes back,the low self-esteem,no self confidence/belief/worth,no job,no money,no friends etc.
    But Im happy because even in the boring bits of today I didnt let myself sit and wallow in self pity like I used to and just kept trying hard to think good thoughts and sing my favourite songs in my head. :yes: Luckily,my aunt didnt cotton on I wasnt tired but it was depression so I didnt get "why are you quiet?whats wrong,tell me" all day....... :rolleyes:
    I did realise why Id like to get a girlfriend or some decent friends so much though........I think its to do with wanting some comfort and affection because,well,I dont get ANY! :no:
    Oh well,I should be home thurs or fri so I`ll be trying to get myself out and about or whatever.
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote:
    Im up for a pint!! :thumb:
    ha well if you're ever in the grimsby / sheffield region; get in touch :)
  • Options
    A cyber hug to you!!!
  • Options
    If you're ever in leicester i can arrange lots of hugs for you. My friends are hug maniacs, as is my girlfriend. You could have a group hug with you in the middle of several girls if you like :/ I sound like a pimp now hmm.

Anyway, glad you're on the up. :)
  • Options
    Sounds good. :D
    Im booking train tickets now..... :thumb: