Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Torn muscles...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had upper back pain for over a week, when I move, breathe, cough, sneeze... pretty much all the time.

Went to the doc today who reckons I've torn a muscle, but fuck knows how because I've done nothing different or strenuous. (sp?!)

How long will it take to heal? Anyone any ideas?! It hurts like mad. Painkillers seem to be kicking in now though.

Comments

• Options
    Torn a muscle when you haven't done anything strenuous? :confused: Strange diagnosis.

The best thing for back pain, believe it or not, is to remain as active as you possibly can. Have you got anyone to massage your back for you?
  • Options
    My mate had a really bad chest infection, and ended up tearing an intercostle muscle, which was agony for him. But I don't know if anything like that could happen with your back though...
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Torn a muscle when you haven't done anything strenuous? :confused: Strange diagnosis.

The best thing for back pain, believe it or not, is to remain as active as you possibly can. Have you got anyone to massage your back for you?

Yeah, I know. He kinda prodded my spine at the back, (at the top, between my shoulder blades) and it bloody well hurt - I let out a little yelp (OK, more like a scream) and he said that I'd torn a muscle and gave me painkillers.

I've tried to ignore it and keep as active as normal, even clubbing last weekend. But it's just getting worse - if I'm walking it hurts to breathe and I get all breathless and it hurts like crazy.
  • Options
    I very much doubt you've torn a muscle, more like a sprained or a strained muscle.
  • Options
    I've tried to ignore it and keep as active as normal, even clubbing last weekend. But it's just getting worse - if I'm walking it hurts to breathe and I get all breathless and it hurts like crazy.
    if its getting worse then i'd go back.