Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gums question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So had the widsom teeth out on the 24th. Some of you may know this as I have complained about it many times. On the bottom right place where the tooth was, first I got dry socket, thats where the clotting doesn't work out pretty much. After that was healed up, pretty much a day later I got a very bad infection in the same spot.

SO anyways, I told you all that useless information to ask this question. The hole where that tooth was has not disappared yet. Theres still a deep gaping hole where that tooth was. I dont know if the stitches fell out too early or what, but its still there. It bothers the crap out of me because food gets stuck in there all the time. Its very discusting. So does anybody by chance have any idea how long this hole should still be there? The oral surgeon is out till Friday so I just thought I'd ask on here. Maybe, just maybe there somebody that knows about teeth and stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Or maybe you need to see a dentist.
  • Options
    The oral surgeon is out till Friday so I just thought I'd ask on here.

• Options
    Or maybe you need to see a dentist.
  • Options
    I don't go to doctors I don't know. Mine is out till Friday, therefore I thought I would see if anybody had any experiences with it just for shits and giggles.
  • Options
    Ask a stupid question....
  • Options
    How is asking if anybody has any experiences with bad experinces with wisdom teeth and holes in their gums stupid?
  • Options
    Because no one on a random internet site knows what's wrong with your ridiculously troublesome teeth. You need to go back and see your surgeon and if he's not available and you want to see someone before Friday, find a dentist.

A hundred and one people could reply to your message with tales of woe about their wisdom teeth; maybe they had the same problem, maybe their's healed up afetr a day. Nothing would change the fact that if it is bothering you that much you need to seek expert advice.
  • Options
    how long ago was it? im no expert but when i have had a tooth out it has taken around 2 weeks or so to heal
  • Options
    i definitely still had gaping holes after 2 weeks, cause my follow up appointment to check my stitches/healing was 2 weeks, and the guy advised me how to get food out of the holes (warm, boiled salty water and a syringe (not with a needle, just the measury/squirty types) is the way forward), and i guess they were still gapey for a few weeks after that, so i reckon about 6 weeks at least?

the holes will heal fairly quickly, but they won't start to fill in and be less holey for a while.
  • Options
    I've had teeth out before (not wisdom teeth mind) and it does take a good while for things to heal up - with wisdom teeth moreso, because they're pretty well stuck in your mouth (that's why it's painful when they're yanked out!). So I'd expect things to take a good few weeks to heal up, at least.

Follow Kaffrin's advice, and just try to keep things as clean as possible. It's a pain, but it's not the end of the world.