Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

friends to more

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How is it done?

Comments

• Options
    depends on the friends, their situations, how long they have known each other and if there has ever been any hints at anything more than friendship...
  • Options
    I think it kind of come naturally, friendship grows into a more intimate relationship, attraction appears...

The fact that you know the person quite well remove some doubt about the other person personality and bring more confidence...

Also sometimes going in a couple you will see that the relationship can change as people can act differently in a couple than they are in a friendship...

There is however risks, risk that it can not work and that friendship could be lost if a breakup occur... Also if the friendship is quite strong and the break-up is done by a common accord then friendship will stay...

It can lead to a perfect love story like it could lead to the lost a friend...

In any case follow your feelings and see where they bring you...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    depends on the friends, their situations, how long they have known each other and if there has ever been any hints at anything more than friendship...

they have known eachother about 8 months and they both flirt as a joke (not a joke on her part but its to test to water...) and she cant tell if he is doing it as a joke and would be the same with anyone else
  • Options
    by 'she' im guessing its you or you wouldnt be asking..Why not try taking the flirty jokes a bit further, see how far you can push them.
    If he backs off then 'hey, it was only a joke anyway' but if not then cha-ching! :love:
  • Options
    Get very drunk, tell them how you feel and see how it goes from there. If they take it badly you can always say you where joking. Also gives you the confidence you need to tell them. Well, it worked for me and my boyf when we got together.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    they have known eachother about 8 months and they both flirt as a joke (not a joke on her part but its to test to water...) and she cant tell if he is doing it as a joke and would be the same with anyone else

Gosh, why need people to be so difficult.
    I have been there too. I simply told out my feelings and was told, "no interest thanks.", but I got the girl to think about it and she 'changed her mind'. Sounds strange, but yea, sometimes all you need to do is to tell someone you like him more as a friend and they start to think and realize stuff.

If there is flirting going on and I am not sure how to understand this, I just fucking ask. If she's interested in me, she will tell me, that it's "serious business.". If she's not, I did not lose anything.

Sometimes all you have to do is simply and bluntly tell/ask, before there is a uncertainity between two people who actually might want each other.

I might be called blunt, but I bring those things in motion.
  • Options
    I wish I knew the answer. The only thing I can think of is that one gently flirts at the other and see how they respond to start with.