Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Isn't there some etiquette to giving notice prior to cancelling a date

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lol long title there sorry. Anyway, yea anyone who has seen my dissertation thread in Student Forum will know I'm seeing a guy who's doing one, and I can put up with the lack of texting/phoning/being ignored for a few days only to recieve a txt saying "whats up, was at sisters house dancing to old skul" *breathe* but what i cannot accept is me going out, making arrangements that he knew about to celebrate his fucking birthday, getting him things he'd appreciate only to be told ten minutes before he's due to come down here and see me after a week of no contact that he is in....wait for it....

BAD FORM.

Bad Form. What.The.Fuck. Has modern manners been replaced by txt apologies? How badly should I be reacting to this precisely? Considering last night it seemed he couldn' wait to see me...SSSSSOOOOOOOOOo MAD right now I could kill him and his stupid pink shoes!!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I'd go a bit mental to be fair...but then stuff like that really pisses me off, I'm probably quite hard work as a girlfriend. Dissertations take up alot of your time but it's not like he can never take 5 or 10mins out to give you a call every now and then. How far away do you live? If it's a long distance I guess it might be understandable, but he should have at least rung, talked to you about it and been super-apologetic.
  • Options
    Men and women are different in too many ways. I'll tell you this becuase I as a man have done it before. The early stages of my last relationship turned out to be a wild ride of new experiences, exitment and pride.

But the dependancy and need of your partner decreases fast, especially in young relationships. The way your boyfriend is acting, recalling this from my own behaviour, is most likely due to him taking you 100% for granted, and I think you're being made a fool.

Relationships are about commitment and progression, and how can you progress with no contact? Its not worth your time.
  • Options
    yeh, if you cant go you tell,whenever you find out you cant - its only fair