Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Downloading onto discs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently got an online guitar course that I downloaded onto my aunts computer hoping to transfer to another tower that shes giving me.Anyway,I dont have the leads or software to do it so I want to save it to disc and then put it on my desktop later.
So,how much information can discs take?I need ones that can take quite a lot,hopefully there are some out there that can right?

Comments

• Options
    A normal CD is 700MB, some are 750MB. If your course if any bigger than that then you will have to shove it on a DVD which go from 4.7GB up to about 8.5GB
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    And keep in mind that you can't download directly to a CD or DVD. You have to use the hard drive then write it on a disc.
  • Options
    I tried but it came out all scrambled.........do you know what software or wires I need to transfer it to another pc?
  • Options
    To save the hassle, you could upload it to my website and then download it to your other PC?
  • Options
    How do I do that?I need to get the other pc connected up first and then Im not sure how good the modem is......... :chin:
  • Options
    By the way, when you say "I tried but it came out all scrambled", what do you mean?
  • Options
    It went on the disk but came out $^&()(_&_)$%£""""$!$&*%**)
    Pain in the arras that is.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    What software did you use to burn the data to disk and how big is your file?
  • Options
    Sorry,I should have said it was a floppy disk and I just transfered it. :blush: Iv got this cd burner called ashampoo :confused: so Im gonna get some cd discs next week and try it on there.If it dont work I`ll buy a farking dvd.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    if you have internet access on both PC's it would be easier to make use of Mr Housecat's webspace :)
  • Options
    Or you could set up an e-mail account, e-mail it to yourself as an attatchment (so it is held online), then download it from other computer, depending on the size.