Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blonde tips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive decided that i want the tips (about 1.5inches) of my hair bleached so that i can either leave them blonde or use my directions bright coloured dye on them. the rest of my hair would stay dark brown

But i cant find a photo anywhere and ive never seen anyone with hair like it

I dont want there to be a harsh line so it looks like i just dipped the ends in a pot of bleach, but then i dont know how to do it to avoid this?

Any ideas people?

Comments

• Options
    why not go to a hair dressers im sure they will do it for you
  • Options
    why not go to a hair dressers im sure they will do it for you

because a hairdresser will do it wrong
  • Options
    I would guess you leave it on one bit longer than the rest but i am far from an expert.
  • Options
    are you sure you won't get it wrong? i can't imagine it being very easy to do.

do you have layers? 'cause you could just section off most of your hair and then dye the bottom layer.
  • Options
    enlist help, brush on the bleach with the edge of a tinting comb (or a toothbrush) and have a box of dark dye on standby just in case!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    enlist help, brush on the bleach with the edge of a tinting comb (or a toothbrush) and have a box of dark dye on standby just in case!

would you reccomend using a brush then o dye queen?

last time i did my own highlights i used my fingers but it kida burned the top layers of skin off. ha

maybe i should try doing it and then if i dont like it i'll get it cut off when i have a hair cut next weekend. And if i like it then i can re-do it after a hair cut

Any idea how to kinda blend it so that theres no harsh line?
  • Options
    are you sure you won't get it wrong? i can't imagine it being very easy to do.

do you have layers? 'cause you could just section off most of your hair and then dye the bottom layer.

no im not sure obviously but i have a better chance of getting it right than a hairdresser. they always get colour wrong for me and ive never had problems doing it myself
  • Options
    And then hairdressers have the cheek to charge you for their efforts too! gah! I don't think you'll get a 'hard' line where bleech meets natural. Especially if you do it yourself, imagine how hard that would be if you weret rying to do it intentioanlly...
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    last time i did my own highlights i used my fingers but it kida burned the top layers of skin off. ha

:eek:

latex gloves next time! they sell them well cheap in supermarkets and they're way better than the shitty plastic bag ones that hair dye comes with. your poor fingers :(
    Any idea how to kinda blend it so that theres no harsh line?

rather than brushing it on smoothly, dab it with the brush sideways on, in little swipes (it's hard to explain what i mean!).

iirc your hair is well long anyway, so if it goes horribly wrong, the trim idea is a winner :)
  • Options
    My mate did something like this for me, an basically she lifted the top layer of hair up an put it in a bobble out of the way, then went around an put the dye on different bits of hair, some bits were done longer than others etc an then she wrapped them up in foil to keep them out of the way, an now when ive got my hair done dependin on how i have it you can see the blonde bits but thier like underneath and blend in with my brown hair so it doesnt look like it ws just dipped in. Dont know if that helps.
  • Options
    My mate did something like this for me, an basically she lifted the top layer of hair up an put it in a bobble out of the way, then went around an put the dye on different bits of hair, some bits were done longer than others etc an then she wrapped them up in foil to keep them out of the way, an now when ive got my hair done dependin on how i have it you can see the blonde bits but thier like underneath and blend in with my brown hair so it doesnt look like it ws just dipped in. Dont know if that helps.

that does help actually, thanks. I think i will lift a thin top layer just to break up the line a little.

i think i may attempt all this tomorrow after buying a brush and some gloves so thanks for the help everyone
  • Options
    Let me know how it goes, i think a good hair cut is on the cards this week so i'll likely to be redoing mine soon. :)
  • Options
    I hope your hair is in better condition than the womans i saw today. She had what you want done but it looked awfal as her hair was so dry.