Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cardio kickboxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
For the last little bit of time I've started actually going to the gym! I go right after work so am there by like 5:30 or so. On April 3rd started a cardio kickboxing class at 6pm. I've seen it go on a few times and it looks pretty intense. Fairly interesting. I thought I could mix it up a few times a week and do that instead of the norm.

So does anybody here have any experience with that type of thing? Opinions?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    never actually done it but a few friends have and they enjoyed it!! i was looking through my weightwatchers book the other day too and apparently kick boxing is a veery good cardio workout compared to others which youd think would be better than it!!

im doing the same as you when it comes to gym and classes etc. i try to go to gym 3x a week. but also like to mix it up a bit by going to aerobics/aerodance classes as well. im starting to find the gym a bit dull and repetitive so doing classes for a change is great!
  • Options
    im doing kickboxing now and i love it! but i have never done cardio kickboxing sounds hard. I think you should start with kicboxing at the minute and see how you like it.
  • Options
    Oh I did it last night. My legs are a bit sore today :p Though it was great! Much funner than running to get nowhere day after day.
  • Options
    I'm getting my cardio - exercise stuff mixed up here so bear with me my_name.

When you say cardi kickboxing do you mean like kickboxing but mixed with aerobic moves as well, e.g moving forwards punching, twisting round kicking etc? If so yep that's what i spent a year doing. Was really good fun and a great workout. Started to want a little more though so moved on to doing boxing in a gym instead as aerobics was never my strong point :D
  • Options
    I started kickboxing when I was 16 and it got me RIPPED. Great exercise. You can't beat martial arts for all-round physical training.

Of course, now it's Thai boxing. Although RIGHT now it's running. All are great for cardio so it's cool. Although I want to get back into Muay Thai for the explosive strength side of it. And the arms. Oh baby, SUPER SONIC ARMS.

Good luck with your classes and word up.
  • Options
    I do body combat classes at my gym to break up my week of just goin and running nowhere at the gym lol. I LVE it and come of the girls there do kickboxing so i am going to look into kickboxing classes at my gym too.