Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wedding Outfits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My brothers getting married in July and I'm really struggling to find anything to wear. I want something that looks reasonably formal but glam for the ceremony, but that can then quickly and easily be turned into something young and sophisticated for the evening do and yes the ceremony will be a hat occasion.

Any ideas or possibilities would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Coast is the best for this kind of thing, as are department stores like John Lewis, as they have a lot of "wedding appropriate" dresses that are still very flirty and pretty. Then you just have to get a nice little jacket/shrug/cardigan/similar to go over the top for the actual ceremony.

Have you thought about a hat? :chin:
  • Options
    When my boyfriend's sister got married last year, I bought a gorgeous dress from debenhams. As others have said you can wear it with a little cardigan for the ceremony, then you can take that off for the reception.

If you buy a dress that suits you and that you really like, you'll be able to wear it again during the summer, or if you're going away anywhere on holiday.
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely look in Coast, i got a gorgeous outfit from there. Also Karen Millen have some nice dresses too. If you want a hat, look in department stores. I got mine from Marks and Spencer in the end actually and it was lovely.
  • Options
    I've already looked in Coast and didn't find anything, well I should change that to, there were some really nice stuff, just nothing fit me properly. Planning on going to the Trafford Centre tomorrow evening, so will look in Karen Millen there.
  • Options
    How about Monsoon, I've just had a look on there website and they have some really nice dresses on there.
  • Options
    I've found a dress in Next I like for my boyfriends mum's wedding. There is some decent stuff, it's just a case of what your taste is I guess.
  • Options