Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

peoples opinions please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im thinking of getting my lip pierced but im not sure if it will suit me.

the top pic is of me, the bottom is the type of lip piercing i want.

please tell me what you think

thanx x

Comments

• Options
    Don't see why not. If you have the personality to pull it off - go for it!
  • Options
    I love the lip piercing but in my opinion your bottom lip might be a bit too small for it to look quite good... What you can do is get a ring and just put it where you want your lip one and the post a pic again as you are never sure until you see it...
  • Options
    yeh good idea NMM, mite try that, thanx x
  • Options
    And as its not permanent, you can take it out if you don't like it .. ?
  • Options
    It is cute, but I've never seen anybody who has it with good bottem front teeth. They've all been chipped, and that ruins alot. Good teeth are a must have.
  • Options
    I think you'd suit it but im not sure about the ring, I reckon it'd look good in that same place but with a stud :)
  • Options
    I personally don't like lip/tongue piercings etc but I think it would definitely suit you and your look. I don't really know anything about rings/studs etc so not sure what you should go for. My ex got a spike below his bottom lip which looked very odd!
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:
    im thinking of getting my lip pierced but im not sure if it will suit me.

the top pic is of me, the bottom is the type of lip piercing i want.

please tell me what you think

thanx x
    i think if you are a lesbian it will look cool,but if your not i would advise against it tbh.may send out the wrong signals imo.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    It is cute, but I've never seen anybody who has it with good bottem front teeth. They've all been chipped, and that ruins alot. Good teeth are a must have.
    When do you ever see the bottom front teeth?
  • Options
    I personally don't like lip/tongue piercings etc but I think it would definitely suit you and your look. I don't really know anything about rings/studs etc so not sure what you should go for. My ex got a spike below his bottom lip which looked very odd!

i already have my tongue pierced, i think i mite just go for it.

just to clear things up deano mac im not a lesbian lol
  • Options
    Mia_16 wrote:
    i already have my tongue pierced, i think i mite just go for it.

just to clear things up deano mac im not a lesbian lol
    :D ....understood.. :)
  • Options
    When do you ever see the bottom front teeth?

When you talk, more often than you would think, and anyways, they are still teeth and in the front which can be seen at some time or another so chips/dents/cracks/crowding/uneven and what not look horrid. And that piercing definatly causes chips and such on people I've seen them with. A v shaped chip between the two front teeth normally. Plus the possibility of it rubbing against your teeth to wear down the enemal thus causing cavaties in the front, and as much as they try they can never really match the tooth color in the filling.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    When you talk, more often than you would think, and anyways, they are still teeth and in the front which can be seen at some time or another so chips/dents/cracks/crowding/uneven and what not look horrid. And that piercing definatly causes chips and such on people I've seen them with. A v shaped chip between the two front teeth normally. Plus the possibility of it rubbing against your teeth to wear down the enemal thus causing cavaties in the front, and as much as they try they can never really match the tooth color in the filling.

yeah but they warn you about all that when you have your tongue pierced and ive already got that done, so wont really make much difference.
  • Options
    Your lucky. My tongue piercing ruined my teeth. I had an itty chip on the front upper, the bottom 4 teeth got all jaged and uneven and just recently got them all shaved down. Had the taste of tooth in my mouth for a week :| and I always went about scrapping the ball and the backs of my teeth aren't very smooth anymore :(
  • Options
    My lower fronts are chipped and cracked from my piercing. I only wear one now for 'special' occasions- or when I can find one in my dump of a bedroom!