Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Photo Albums and scrapbooks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have quite a few pics of me with my boyfriend and I want to put them into some kind of album so that we can look through them, with them in some kind of order and remember all the good times we have had so far. I have put some into a normal photo album with descriptions typed up underneath the pictures and it looks ok but nothing special. I have seen some of this scrapbooking malarky but not really sure where to start, or if there is a better way to store the photos. I have all the photos on my computer so it doesn't matter if I cut them up. Anyone got any ideas?
Do you have special photos in any kind of album?

Comments

• Options
    check out photo albums in picture shops, etc. i gave my b.f an album full of pics f us for xmas+he loved it!
  • Options
    check out photo albums in picture shops, etc. i gave my b.f an album full of pics f us for xmas+he loved it!

How did you organise the pictures in the album and did you put descriptions or anything else in it?

These scrapbooks I have seen have words and different papers and beads etc on each page round the photos
  • Options
    i just put the piccies in, starting with the ones when we first started dating+ending with a really recent one.
    I didnt wwrite anything, cos it was fun to sit together and go "oh, remember that"
    brings bk alot of memories
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm definitley going to put them in chronological order
  • Options
    If you're not sure about a scrapbook there's a kind of photo album which you can slide the photo's into a page (usually2/3 per page) and write comments next to them. I'm not sure how common the are now but my mum made one up covering the whole first year of my life. Some not-so-cute baby pics in there I can tell you!

Here, this sorta thing, shame it doesn't show you the inside so you can see what I mean.....Slip-in Photo album
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    If you're not sure about a scrapbook there's a kind of photo album which you can slide the photo's into a page (usually2/3 per page) and write comments next to them. I'm not sure how common the are now but my mum made one up covering the whole first year of my life. Some not-so-cute baby pics in there I can tell you!

Here, this sorta thing, shame it doesn't show you the inside so you can see what I mean.....Slip-in Photo album

Thanks, I might look into that. I want it to be quite special and unique with a bit more to it than a standard album of photos. I know that it is the photos which make it special but my boyfriend (who I will give this to) has seen all the photos and got them on his computer etc so I want it to be a bit different.
  • Options
    Ye. Just depends on how you want it to look really hun. I know a girl who made a collage for her pics in one of those clip frames. It was HUGE but looked pretty awesome on the wall. I love pics, still upsets me that I don't have any from my time in NY!
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    Ye. Just depends on how you want it to look really hun. I know a girl who made a collage for her pics in one of those clip frames. It was HUGE but looked pretty awesome on the wall. I love pics, still upsets me that I don't have any from my time in NY!

oooo, that's a really good idea! I could do a collage page in one of those scrapbooks as well as having pages with a few photos on each! I have a few collages I made in big clip frames with photos from college so I could do the same with piccies of me and my boyfriend! Thank you! :thumb:

Sorry to hear that you don't have any photos of a time when you obviously want some photos from. I feel so sorry for my tutor from college who's honeymoon photos all got runined when they went through the x-ray machine at the airport on the way home. He has nothing but memories to remember his honeymoon from - that would really upset me!
  • Options
    I would be in bits if that happened to me! Awww, that is so sad......
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    I would be in bits if that happened to me! Awww, that is so sad......

He was gutted and his wife even more so. They had so many photos too and they all got ruined before they even got a chance to see them.
  • Options
    :crying: