Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Select - clothes shop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im sick of the same old shops I go in all the time! So my mate suggested I go and have a look in Select, she gave me a web adress for it but I've lost it!! So I just wounderd if any of you knew it? :angel: and whats it like??? I hope it aint like a proper designer shop! I want some cheap but cheerful clothes!! :chin:

Thankyou :)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Very cheap clothes in Select. Really not my type of thing though!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

:no: Dont think its that?
  • Options
    :no: Its not.
  • Options
    I've had a look on google, nothing!!!!! :impissed:
  • Options
    found it but it's under construction sooo pretty useless.
  • Options
    our select is like a cross between mark one, peacocks and pilot.

cheap and cheerful with an occasional dose of chav. there's some nice stuff in there if you look though.
  • Options
    Is it this?

Under construction apparently, but you should be able to tell if it's the same "label" from what's on there.

edit: rach you're too quick for me. ;)
  • Options
    :p

I love Select
  • Options
    Typical!!!! :grump:

Looked at the 'sneek peek' bit and the clothers look okay (only 3 sets on tho!)

Thanks guys!! :thumb:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    :p

I love Select

I've never bought anything from select to be honest. I get blinded by sparkles.
  • Options
    Briony wrote:
    Looked at the 'sneek peek' bit
    :

So the first girl walks into a bar and the bartender says, why the long face?
  • Options
    There's some ok stuff in there.
  • Options
    I've never bought anything from select to be honest. I get blinded by sparkles.

You can get some gorgeous things in there. I got a baby blue wool bolero type thing. Sounds weird but I love it.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    You can get some gorgeous things in there. I got a baby blue wool bolero type thing. Sounds weird but I love it.

I might give it another go then, I just seem to find tacky glittery jeans and belts in there. I'll trust you though and venture in again cos you always look cute in the photo threads. x
  • Options
    Briony wrote:
    Im sick of the same old shops I go in all the time! So my mate suggested I go and have a look in Select, she gave me a web adress for it but I've lost it!! So I just wounderd if any of you knew it? :angel: and whats it like??? I hope it aint like a proper designer shop! I want some cheap but cheerful clothes!! :chin:

Thankyou :)
    Haha, no it's not a proper designer shop at all. lol. It's very cheap and cheerful. :p
    Kinda cross between new look and peacocks with a bit of QS thrown in for good measures.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I might give it another go then, I just seem to find tacky glittery jeans and belts in there. I'll trust you though and venture in again cos you always look cute in the photo threads. x

Awh thankyou :)

The jewellary is pretty too.
  • Options
    Yeah you get some awful stuff in select, but look through that lot and you will also find some pretty things that are really good for the money :), so i definetly recommend them
  • Options
    ^Yeah, it's the sort of shop where you can buy a bag load of clothes and then throw them away after a few washes... disposable I guess you'd call them.

Ilora x
  • Options
    ^Yeah, it's the sort of shop where you can buy a bag load of clothes and then throw them away after a few washes... disposable I guess you'd call them.

Ilora x

My stuff has lasted me pretty well
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Meaning that someone somewhere has been paid next-to-nothing to manufacture the garments :grump:
  • Options
    I personally dont like select. Used to shop there quite a bit when i was a mini-teen as the clothes are quite cheap, but i wouldn't shop there now. I find their trousers are oddly cut, and the clothes are very poor quality, falling apart after several washes...totally agree with LadyJade :yes: I also think their stuff is a bit young, and a bit chav!
  • Options
    i like a few things in select, but i find a lot of there stuff doesnt quite fit right
  • Options
    What sizes do they go up to?
  • Options
    I think they do 8-18. I haven't been in there in years, they used to do some ok-ish stuff but know it's all chavvy and me no likey.